GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script dmp creditors ringing again!!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dmp creditors ringing again!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dmp creditors ringing again!!!

hi niddy just a quick bit of advice if you can.i am in a dmp set up by myself and pay my creditors pro rata!!they all accepted my offer but now 6 mths down the line they are calling again and want me to do another budget sheet.this would be fine but my circumstances have not changed.so do i have to do it all again???how do i stop them calling me 6 times a day??

thanks for any help you can give

Re: dmp creditors ringing again!!!

Hi Leena

Are you self managing??? If you are this appears to be the normal situation, they usually agree to a budget and payment for 6 months/1 year then they expect you to have won the lottery and be able to up the payments. They can demand all they like but no one can force you to send an I&E except a court, however to get them off your back it may be better to send another one. I would look at it very carefully as the price of quite a few things has gone up massively in the last 6 months, I would redo it but reduce payments, you have to take rising prices into account, just think about petrol for one, electricity and food generally..................
    Last edited by MrsD; 16 March 2011, 18:52. Reason: rubbish spelling

Comment

Originally posted by leena View Post
      how do i stop them calling me 6 times a day??
      Easiest way is to change your phone number if this is possible.

Are they calling a landline or a mobile?

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
        Easiest way is to change your phone number if this is possible.

Are they calling a landline or a mobile?

Both numbers are being called and being self employed tis a pain them keep ringing have told them on phone to put it in writing and i will respond to them as required.

Going to see what happens but there crafty as have rung my business partner which personally think is out of order.

cheers for advice.

Comment

Originally posted by leena View Post
          Both numbers are being called and being self employed tis a pain them keep ringing have told them on phone to put it in writing and i will respond to them as required.

cheers for advice.
          You could try sending them this--> UPDATED Baliffs & Harassment Template Letters

Send it recorded delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
            Hi Leena

Are you self managing??? If you are this appears to be the normal situation, they usually agree to a budget and payment for 6 months/1 year then they expect you to have won the lottery and be able to up the payments. They can demand all they like but no one can force you to send an I&E except a court, however to get them off your back it may be better to send another one. I would look at it very carefully as the price of quite a few things has gone up massively in the last 6 months, I would redo it but reduce payments, you have to take rising prices into account, just think about petrol for one, electricity and food generally..................
            Thanks for advice I am self managing going to do another budget sheet and send covering letter stating the obvious!!!

thanks again

Comment

Hi Leena

I was in a self managed DMP for just over a year and with certain creditors every - 3-6 months they wanted an update even though I told them nothing had changed.

As Swanny says sent the letter about telephone harrassment.

Good luck

Comment

A word of caution about self managed DMP's as well. If you've any that are nearing completion for smaller debts, make sure you put the money back into the plan pro rata as I know someone who recently came unstuck when the creditors ran a credit check and realised they hadn't reinvested money from a debt that had been paid off. It's not worth the risk!

Comment

Working...
                X