GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script re-defaulted? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

re-defaulted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re-defaulted?

Hi,

I'm on a DMP at the mo, and all debts are due to be cleared at the start of 2013 (if I can managed to keep the current payment amounts). My defaults were issued in april 2007 though, so should end/be wiped around april 2013.

I asked CCCS about this, as I wondered what would happen if my payments had to be reduced slightly and the debts were not cleared by april 2013. They said that the debtors could issue new defaults and the six years would start all over again. If this is the case i will be really cheesed off. I've worked so hard to clear all my debts i've practically lived like a nun the past few years.

How likely is it that this would happen? I'd probably only owe them a couple of hundred each, after paying back thousands. Has this ever happened to anyone on here?

Re: re-defaulted?

This is incorrect. One debt = one default.

They are talking shyte to be Frank. Read the posts in this section and see for yourself. Don't worry, they'll be gone after 6yrs or come here and we'll sort it for you
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

ps after 2013 the entry would vanish from your report whether the balance is outstanding or paid.

Don't worry; if you need to drop the payments do it.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks NID,

I thought this was the case, but when they said that I poo'd my pants a little bit. Thought I'd better check, just in case it had actually happened to someone.

Comment

Originally posted by rachmac View Post
          Thanks NID,

I thought this was the case, but when they said that I poo'd my pants a little bit. Thought I'd better check, just in case it had actually happened to someone.
          Nah don't worry about it, they won't be re-defaulting you, its quite clear that you can only be defaulted once, otherwise you'd have loads of defaults for the same debt - how so, you can only actually be in default once can't you?

Its simple of you get the hang of the word "default"; ie in breach of the agreement. So after default they terminate the account, ie close it. How can they do all this and then re-default you when they already closed the account by way of past termination?

Its really that simple, although bear in mind they may try it, you just need to keep on top of it and keep proof of your credit file showing the defaults as at 2007 as if they re-appear then we go to the CRA's and the ICO for removal.

Comment

well now that's settled i can start making some interesting decisions... watch this space!

Comment

Working...
            X