GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script And so it begins... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And so it begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: And so it begins...

Originally posted by asm76 View Post
    Evidence for what?
    Evidence of Mucky Balls not following correct procedures.

File all letters and so on, even if you do not respond to them.

Comment

Cheers. I take it those tracing letters are against the rules??

Comment

Another letter yesterday... nothing to worry about, I don't think?

We have obtained a telephone number that you supplied a credit provider when applying for credit.

This information was supplied to us by a UK Credit Reference Agency. If you believe this information to be incorrect then please contact our office on 02920 blah.

In the event that you do not contact our office we will of course use all the information we have to decide the next course action to recover the balance in full from you.

If they actually prove the debt like I have already asked them to, I'll respond. However they've yet to provide any proof, and just send threatening letters

Merry Christmas everyone

Comment

if the number they have is correct, get a note pad and pen by the phone and note every call they make

Comment

Will do. Cheers Paul

Comment

But if they do ring let us know as we've templates for this type of harassment too
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

They've rung 3 times and sent 1 text since December 1st. All on my mobile.

They always leave a message, but never stipulate who they are or what it's about. I only recognise them from the phone number they leave.

Comment

Make that 4 times. They always call from a "Blocked/Private Number".

Comment

Countdown to SB - 7 days!

Comment

The debt that Link Financial own is statute barred now.

Is it worth letting them know, or just leave them to it now?

Comment

Personally, why bother? forget it it's gone, you won, they lost

as they say in the italian army, tuffo shitto!!!

Comment

"tuffo shitto"

I'll leave well alone then

The last thing I heard from them was a letter saying they'd found a contact number for me and were going to use it. They haven't called me in weeks, mainly because I got a new mobile number on renewal of my phone contract

My work mobile hasn't changed though and they haven't called me on that for ages anyway.

Next time they do I won't pass security (didn't anyway) and tell them it's Statute Barred and I won't be paying, and leave it at that.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who contributed to this thread. You have all been a massive help to me since this all kicked off back in October 2010. The advise given here has been second to none, accurate, and above all, gave me the confidence to get through what was, for me, a very worrying time.

Thank you

Comment

Just knowing feels good enough

Comment

Working...
                            X