GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script And so it begins... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And so it begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: And so it begins...

If I was you I would just ignore .... & just see if there field agent calls, they could just be threats just wait and see
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Right I'll do that then.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

I think that we just sit it out and see what happens. In a couple of weeks it will be dead anyway and we can blag it till then if necessary. In the circumstances reading their letter phrasing from what you have told us its all "if buts and maybes" at this stage. if they threaten properly with litigation then issue the SB letter.

I2D is correct now we have a fuller picture.

Garlok

Comment

But is it dead in a couple of weeks? I don't know... herein lies the problem. If I knew for sure I'd be all over them like a tramp on chips... as it stands now, I'm clueless, and if I initiate communication with them am I just kicking open the gates of hell?

All the letters I typed out in this thread are worded exactly as they were sent. It seems to me that all DCA's use ifs, buts and maybes... IMO it doesn't really mean anything other than the OFT told them they can't threaten people directly lol

I just get the feeling, from reading peoples stories relating to Link, that they will go to court regardless. I just haven't got the time or energy to be dealing with court cases etc. and, I guess, I'm not feeling very hopeful due to the fact I can't remember anything about this debt, nor do I have any supporting paperwork to aid me.

I don't know what to expect from here on in, seeing as Link aren't going to refer to me again. Should I expect a "letter before action" or should I expect a nice envelope from Northampton... who knows, and it's that not knowing that is so disconcerting.
          Last edited by asm76; 12 October 2011, 13:12.

Comment

The question then is do they have paperwork and documentation to support their claim?

If it is really such a problem to you then I sincerely suggest that you get proper professional help. Clearly you are not prepared in any way to go forward as a litigant-in-person. Therefore your best option is to PM Paul our moderator here and see if his firm will take this and you on as their client under proper instruction. Of course it will not be free and fees will be payable but that would seem to be a minor issue if it relieves the anguish you seem to have got yourself into. Even then it might not be an easy road.

Garlok
            Last edited by garlok; 12 October 2011, 13:19.

Comment

I have no control over what they do, I realise this.

Having to take days off work to attend court isn't going to be good. Seeing as I have no leave left over, it's not going to be easy.

Comment

I know how hard it is to ignore things, but you are very close to the end of this one. Think of it this way, if the default is about to drop off the file then its likely that the last payment to the account was a few months before that. Yes they will use a lot of if but maybe terms, thats to get you worried and make you panic and pay up, thats exactly how you are feeling at the moment. So, take back control and follow what I2D says for now, if you cannot handle a couple of weeks of ignoring them then as Garlok said talk to Paul and see if he can help.

Hope you can relax a bit with it and that you can send them away with a flea in their ears!
                When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

It's exacerbated by the fact I have no historical reference for the account.

My own fault I suppose, but what's done is done now.

Comment

Originally posted by asm76 View Post

It's exacerbated by the fact I have no historical reference for the account.

My own fault I suppose, but what's done is done now.
                    Lol, you do realise that they probably have very little in the way of historical reference either and have more to worry about than you do as they are most likely out of time anyway

Comment

Thats what we have been trying to say Susie. We have said sit it out but ASM seems to be in a state over this.

There's a risk to everything in life and ASM did not seem to want to wait then the only option in that state is to seek help from a professional.

I look at it this way, every loss to a litigant-in-person puts another nail in all of our collective coffins.

Garlok

Comment

Not sure what you're trying to say Garlock?

I'm willing to wait, I'm just trying to work out what happens when the waiting is over.

I'll sit here and wait and see, I was just looking for some reassurance as to what I'm doing is right, or should I be getting them to prove the debt etc.

Comment

Hi asm,

Short of going the full monty and trying to force their hand to see what they do have by way of documentation the only thing to do is wait. It is so late in the SB calendar that I would wait and see. They may have everything and the cause would be lost, they may have nothing but you take the lid off a can of worms if you go looking and they have enough to hang you.

All of it is a gamble of some sort and many many people get chased to hell even long after SB but it is a frame of mind to see it all off. The only sure way of a clear unhindered life is to pay it all off and be done, capitulate totally, HOWEVER I AM NOT ADVOCATING THAT AT ALL it is merely a fact of life in this awful business.

Garlok

Comment

asm76. I'm not known as Plan B for nothing

I sense you're worried about what could go wrong in future and not what is going right at this moment in time. I do that most days too. I've read everything you say and I have to admire you for getting your life back on track after the alcohol times

I'm not going to mess with the advice you've been given on here so far because it all seems good to me. These guys have 'been there done that' so can be trusted.

I also think the one thing that's bugging you is the prospect of a CCJ just when you've got yourself into a position to get a mortgage for a new life next year or so. So stop right there. The only person who can give you a CCJ is a Judge. Before that happens there are loads of options even after proceedings have been issued to prevent that. It's called settling out of court. Simples. Ask Paul's advice please. There are all sorts of Consent orders, Tomlin orders, Time orders etc which don't leave a blemish on your credit record.

See, I told you I always have a Plan B
                            Last edited by PlanB; 12 October 2011, 19:03. Reason: spelling as usual

Comment

Thanks PlanB

Unfortunately, I'm not in the position to settle out of court. I have meagre savings and I'm financially supporting my partner while she is on maternity leave, getting the Statutory pay. We're struggling as it is as we really only have my wage to live off. Next year we'll be in much better financial position, but right now a CCJ is the worst that can happen lol

I owe a 5 figure sum and couldn't even settle 10% of that as an F&F. Not looking good so far

Comment

Originally posted by asm76 View Post
                                Thanks PlanB

Unfortunately, I'm not in the position to settle out of court. I have meagre savings and I'm financially supporting my partner while she is on maternity leave, getting the Statutory pay. We're struggling as it is as we really only have my wage to live off. Next year we'll be in much better financial position, but right now a CCJ is the worst that can happen lol

I owe a 5 figure sum and couldn't even settle 10% of that as an F&F. Not looking good so far
                                In that case waiting is the best thing you can do, then when you are SURE its statute barred you can send them a letter saying so and be free of it. Just try and relax, its always worse when you are struggling as it seems as if its a ton weight being added to your day to day problems, but honestly it will get better.

Comment

Working...
                                X