GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script And so it begins... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And so it begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: And so it begins...

Originally posted by asm76 View Post
    No, I won't be ringing them. I last had "contact" with them in October, I started another thread about them at the time... so it's taken them this long to find my address.

I'm waiting for letters offering me money off my debt now :niddy
    Cheeky bastards cannot do this, it is forbidden to lie like that to get you to come out of the woodwork....

I would take this and report it to the FOS asap as this could lose them their licence....

BUT in doing so will confirm you are resident there.... so up to you how you approach it really.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I'll keep schtum I think

Comment

Originally posted by asm76 View Post
        Yeah, but it goes back to what I've previously said, why not just go to court and secure a payment for the full amount rather than bother faffing about with letters, threats and offers of 50% discounts... ? lol
        This is because they know that winning in court - assuming that they can win in court and that the debt does not prove to be unenforceable - is only part of the battle. They'd then have to secure payment on that CCJ or otherwise enforce that judgement, which may prove impossible to do.

Hence, it's generally easier and cheaper to con, cajole or terrorise people into paying.

Comment

The whole debt collection industry is a joke really. 3/4 years ago I used to be worried about getting their letters and phone calls, to the point where I'd lose sleep, eventually leading me to drinking more and more to forget about it.

Now I just laugh at their pathetic attempts to bully people into parting with their money.

Comment

I got another "Notice of application for credit" letter from Link this morning, exactly the same as the last one

Continuing to ignore

Comment

Absolutely right. Until they have something useful to say ignore them!

Comment

Naughty Link Financial Outsourcing (LFO)!

The OFT imposed 'Requirements' on Link Financial Limited:
                http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/pre...quirements.pdf

Paul & Selina B then set up a new company Link Financial Outsourcing, which was funded by RBS, I believe.

It has also been noted that, LFO are bombarding consumers phones informing them:
                there is some old mail that has been returned to us and we require confirmation of your address, in order that it can be delivered. Plus other urgent matters that they need to discuss; please contact us in the next three days.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post

Paul & Selina B then set up a new company Link Financial Outsourcing, which was funded by RBS, I believe.

It has also been noted that, LFO are bombarding consumers phones informing them:
                  there is some old mail that has been returned to us and we require confirmation of your address, in order that it can be delivered. Plus other urgent matters that they need to discuss; please contact us in the next three days.
                  Oooh naughty. Hope they get rapped for it quick.
                  Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                  SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Nothing ever seems to happen to these companies that break the rules continuously though.

Quick slap on the wrist on they're up to old tricks again.

Comment

One wunch supporting another.

I note that, although LFO has its own Consumer Credit Licence, 0632508, issued on 02-Dec-2009 [1], it shares the same address as Link Financial (licence 0446835) and some of the same trading names, too - Elmwood Park, Instantsilver and Thesis Servicing.

How can two companies share three of the same trading names? Did none of the dopey, dozy dormice at the Office of Faffing and Twaddling even bother to check?

[1] Hadn't the OFT stopped putting licence application forms on the back of cornflakes packets by then? Still, it could have been an old packet.

If they do not redeliver the mail they purport to have, might that not constitute the criminal offence of "interfering with the mail", contrary to section 84 1(a) - link - of the Postal Services Act 2000?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                        If they do not redeliver the mail they purport to have, might that not constitute the criminal offence of "interfering with the mail", contrary to section 84 1(a) - link - of the Postal Services Act 2000?
                        Quite possibly, that is if the purported undelivered mail existed in the first place.

One takes an extremely dim view of the bad business practices employed by the Link Financial group of companies...

Comment

One takes an extremely dim view of the bad business practices employed by the Link Financial group of companies...
                          Quite! Judge Chambers thought so - as we found out with Harrison v Link!
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                            One wunch supporting another.

I note that, although LFO has its own Consumer Credit Licence, 0632508, issued on 02-Dec-2009 [1], it shares the same address as Link Financial (licence 0446835) and some of the same trading names, too - Elmwood Park, Instantsilver and Thesis Servicing.

How can two companies share three of the same trading names? Did none of the dopey, dozy dormice at the Office of Faffing and Twaddling even bother to check?

[1] Hadn't the OFT stopped putting licence application forms on the back of cornflakes packets by then? Still, it could have been an old packet.
                            http://www.linkfinancial.co.uk/pdf/P...ber%202010.pdf

Comment

New letter from Link received yesterday:

RE: YOUR AGREEMENT WITH XXXRELATING TO ACCOUNT NUMBER XXX

We write to introduce Link Financial to you. Link Financial is the current owner of the outstanding balance due from you under the Agreement referred to above. XXX has now assigned to Link Financial the outstanding balance due under the Personal Loan Agreement. As a result of this assignment, the full amount of the outstanding balance is due to us immediately.

The total outstanding balance is £xx

We have appointed Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd "Link” to administer and recover this debt on our behalf. In order to discharge the outstanding balance, you should send payment to Link without further delay.

Since you now owe the outstanding balance to Link Financial, you should make no payment relating to the outstanding balance to XXX. Any payment made by you to XXX will take significantly longer to be processed onto you account.

You may wish to take legal advice in relation to this letter. If you wish to take advice, then we suggest you immediately consult a solicitor or your local Citizens Advice Bureau. Should your adviser with to contact Link Financial, they may telephone us or write to us at the address set out at the top of this letter, quoting the reference number. A copy of our internal complaints handling policy is available should you feel you have been treated unfairly by Link Financial.

Should you wish to discuss payment, please telephone 0844 736 8413 on Monday to Thursday 8am8:30pm, Friday 8am to 5pm and Saturday 9am to 5pm. mPlease have a copy of this letter with you when you call us. to

Yours sincerely

(squiggle)

For and on behalf of Link Financial Ltd.

Anyone any thoughts??

Comment

Just wanted to add that the CRA entry for this debt will drop off my file in 5 months.

Comment

Working...
                                X