GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script And so it begins... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And so it begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: And so it begins...

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    No the answer is the supplier - ie vodafone AND o2! They'd have recorded the data with N Hunter!

I've explained all this before and above, N Hunter is what most lenders use to combat fraud and accuracy!
    Holy smoke, you can see I didn't pay attention in The Day of the Jackal movie. He used the details from a gravestone of a dead (obviously) person to obtain a birth certificate, then a passport, and a whole new identity. Who owns N. Hunter anyway, is it MI5 by any chance? Stay well clear of Cheltenham
    Last edited by PlanB; 1 December 2011, 11:12. Reason: spelling

Comment

Nope, ignore it then - makes sense....
      Problem is, they have only ever sent me letters requesting me to call them about a debt.

Surely they will either keep sending the same old letters, or start court proceedings. I can ignore one, but not the other, obviously.

So IF I do get court papers I'll have to send a CCA request etc.

Comment

Originally posted by asm76 View Post
        My mobile provider is my employer. And no, we're not a mainstream mobile operator. We only supply businesses. My work numbers aren't in any directories.
        Right so you don't give your number to DVLA, your bank, your insurance company, your mortgage company, water, electric, council tax? In fact none of these have your number?

See what I'm saying here - you won't believe me but I am telling you 1 million percent that for them to call an "un-issued" number means they have used N Hunter.

Why not SAR N Hunter, and then you'll see exactly who has the number as it'll be listed next to that lenders name..... however even if you change it, your employer may well update N Hunter and/or ither departments that may well re-register it to you.

Unless you're a small firm that do not credit score, then obviously that would be impossible, in which case i'd say you must have issued it to one application, at some point over the last 6 years.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          Who owns N. Hunter anyway, is it MI5 by any chance? Stay well clear of Cheltenham
          Experian
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Problem is, they have only ever sent me letters requesting me to call them about a debt.

Surely they will either keep sending the same old letters, or start court proceedings. I can ignore one, but not the other, obviously.

So IF I do get court papers I'll have to send a CCA request etc.
            Then why not send off a CCA request? Obviously you DO NOT want court, at any cost!

Comment

Right so you don't give your number to DVLA, your bank, your insurance company, your mortgage company, water, electric, council tax? In fact none of these have your number?

See what I'm saying here - you won't believe me but I am telling you 1 million percent that for them to call an "un-issued" number means they have used N Hunter.

Why not SAR N Hunter, and then you'll see exactly who has the number as it'll be listed next to that lenders name..... however even if you change it, your employer may well update N Hunter and/or ither departments that may well re-register it to you.

Unless you're a small firm that do not credit score, then obviously that would be impossible, in which case i'd say you must have issued it to one application, at some point over the last 6 years.
              Water is billed via the managing agent of our flats. They don't have my work numbers.

My bank only has my personal mobile number.

I don't own a car, so no insurance. They didn't have my work number previously anyway.

I don't have a mortgage.

Gas & Electric is in the girlfriends name.

Council Tax don't have my work numbers.

Trust me when I say, I give my work numbers to no-one. Ever. I don't conduct personal business while sat at my desk.

I haven't applied for credit since 2007, and even then I can't remember if I gave them a work number. In any case, that number was in a different county, different office, different number. I've only had my desk phone number since June, and I DEFINITELY haven't put it on anything.

Comment

Then why not send off a CCA request? Obviously you DO NOT want court, at any cost!
                Well, up until now I have followed all the advise given here to the letter, and ignored.

Happy to send a CCA request, but I might wait until the new year... say March time if I can.
                Last edited by asm76; 1 December 2011, 11:24.

Comment

Experian
                  Which is precisely why I have never registered online with Experian (or Equifax) for my credit report so they won't have my email address either. I get paper ones. Niddy thank you so much for the tip about sending a SAR to N Hunter. I'll send the £10 fee as a postal order not a cheque so they won't get my bank details to add to the file. Blimey this is making me so paranoid No wonder I'm re-inventing myself in my maiden name

Comment

I have to say there are NUMEROUS ways in which they could have traced the number. Firstly you agree that you have answered what MAY have been a random dialler for a start. But just take a look at the number of Indian call centres that call your/our numbers. Databases are SOLD by companies in large quantities to such places in total defiance of the DPA here and against all EU legislation outside the boundaries of the EU and Indian call centres sell on again including to organised crime. Its everywhere. My OH changed her phone to PAYG, the number has been given to three close family members ONLY yet a number of call centres have it and her name and one DCA tried it on but has not tried it on since I answered that particular call with a serious threat of a counterclaim in 5 figures!

In 1989 in a case (not of credit as such) but of Midland Bank fiddling the interest figures, we sued them. Even their barrister traced me to my work and was threatening Armageddon if we carried on pursuing them. So as I said if you have a dispute they WILL use every underhand method to get at you. Yes it is unlawful, yes it is against all of the regulatory guidelines but it does happen. There is little we can do unless you have about £50K up front to bring an action in the civil courts just for starters.

We have been through 16 DCAs now and 3 lots of solicitors with a phone log of about 800 calls plus the collections departments of the OC and we are not the worst off on this forum a long by a long chalk.

As Niddy says if you are that concerned then the best thing to do is to issue Subject Access Requests under the DPA individually to each and every party involved at £10 a pop. They cannot refuse to divulge although some will try and in 40 days you should have everything you need.

regards
                    Garlok
                    Last edited by garlok; 1 December 2011, 11:40.

Comment

Yet they haven't managed to trace my new home number that I changed last year to stop them calling me...

LOL!

Comment

Well, up until now I have followed all the advise given here to the letter, and ignored.

Happy to send a CCA request, but I might wait until the new year... say March time if I can.
                        Ok, - do that mate

Keep us updated, see what happens yea.....

Comment

Mucky Balls have just registered a search on my credit file, wonder what will come of that.

So far I've only had Wurst Credit and Stink after me. So one of them have employed Mucky Balls to do their dirty work.

Comment

As suspected I got the "We are trying to trace blah blah been given this address blah... etc" from Mucky Balls.

Ripped it up and it went in the bin.

Comment

and destroyed evidence???????????

dont throw away the parts that help you

Comment

Evidence for what?

Comment

Working...
                                X