GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script And so it begins... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And so it begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: And so it begins...

Will do!

Lets hope it goes no further than a few letters

Comment

Letter received today, dated 28th April...

Dear Sir/Madam,

Client: BARCLAYCARD
      Debt: £1603.93
      Client Account: XXXXXXXXXXXX

We regret the above sum remains outstanding. We now intend to take legal proceedings against you. If successful it may result in:

-Legal costs and interest being charged thereafter;
      -Entry of your name in the Register of Judgements, Orders and Fines, making it difficult to obtain credit in the future.

Subsequent failure to make payment may result in enforcement action:

-An application to your employer for an attachment of earnings;
      -Seizure of your assets by a County Court Bailiff;
      -A charging order against your property, (if owned by you).

If you are not resident in England or Wales legal/enforcement action will be in strict accordance with the laws relating to the Country of your residence.

PLEASE TAKE THIS FINAL OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE CONTACT.

Telephone us on 0843 320 000 your reference is xxxxxxx.

Yours faithfully

Gavin Flynn

Head of Collections

What do you think I should do?

Comment

Anyone?

Sorted.
        Last edited by asm76; 4 May 2011, 11:27.

Comment

Originally posted by asm76 View Post
          Anyone?

Sorted.
          Sorry for delay - just ignore yea? Its a blind threat - again!
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Close Credit Management have somehow got my mobile number... Just had a missed call and an automated voicemail asking to call them. God knows where they got it from!

Can't be doing with these muppets calling everyday

Comment

Close Credit Management have somehow got my mobile number... Just had a missed call and an automated voicemail asking to call them. God knows where they got it from!

Can't be doing with these muppets calling everyday
              Can you not answer the next one and speak differently and then when they ask for "you", act daft i.e. say who? Sorry I don't know that person! If they ask how long you had that number laugh and say 3 days! That is plausible and will ensure they remove your details (i.e. phone number)
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yeah, I will do. I genuinely missed their call as my phone was on silent because I had been in a dial-in meeting (working from home today), and didn't put the ringer back on when I went to make lunch. Just saw the missed call and voicemail, so listened to it.

I'm just intrigued as to how they got my mobile phone number.

Comment

I'm just intrigued as to how they got my mobile phone number.
                  They use National Hunter..... this looks for abnormalities within application provided data i.e. whatever you fill in on a form!

Comment

lol, thanks! I'd never heard of it until just now.

Oh well, wait for them to call back I guess hehe

Comment

lol, thanks! I'd never heard of it until just now.
                      Official site: ---> http://www.nhunter.co.uk/

Useful info: ---> http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2008...-credit-agency

Comment

Interesting read. Thank you

Comment

Interesting read. Thank you
                          anytime

Comment

Link have been in touch, letter received today:

NOTICE OF APPLICATION FOR CREDIT

Dear Mr [my surname]

An application for credit (bank loan, credit card etc) occurred in the name of;

APPLICANTS NAME: Mr [my surname]

This application was at an address different from your own however that address is currently linked to your own home address.

We ask that you contact our offices to discuss this on 02920 808610.

Yours sincerely

Robert Baker
                            Link Financial Outsourcing Limited

Comment

Link have been in touch, letter received today:

NOTICE OF APPLICATION FOR CREDIT

Dear Mr [my surname]

An application for credit (bank loan, credit card etc) occurred in the name of;

APPLICANTS NAME: Mr [my surname]

This application was at an address different from your own however that address is currently linked to your own home address.

We ask that you contact our offices to discuss this on 02920 808610.

Yours sincerely

Robert Baker
                              Link Financial Outsourcing Limited
                              That sounds VERY sneaky. How underhand!
                              Please don't ring them - sounds like a ploy to get you to call - await Niddy's advice.
                              Last edited by MustGetStraigh; 20 May 2011, 14:56.
                              Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                              SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

No, I won't be ringing them. I last had "contact" with them in October, I started another thread about them at the time... so it's taken them this long to find my address.

I'm waiting for letters offering me money off my debt now :niddy

Comment

Working...
                                X