GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script And so it begins... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And so it begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: And so it begins...

Originally posted by asm76 View Post
    Quick update, I have spoken to Internal Networks at work and informed them I am receiving malicious calls, they gave me two options... have it investigated or change my numbers. Well, I'm not keen on having it investigated due to the sensitive nature of the calls, and as I am not customer facing it's easy for me to inform people of a number change... so I am having my numbers changed.

Thanks for the link i2d, but I don't want to contact them in any way, shape, or form if I can help it. Sending them a letter will just confirms my details to them. What worries me the most is how they got hold of my work numbers. The tw@ I spoke to said they used a tracing company to find out, so am I going to suffer them finding out and calling me every few months?? It's not on, I don't give out my work details to anyone outside the people I directly work with.
    They get work details from N Hunter - so from an old application you made using those details...... however you do not need to change numbers, you can use our free one or you can send the template....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

---> AAD - Free Number to Issue Creditors
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

But how do N Hunter get my work numbers?? I seriously don't give out my work numbers to anyone who doesn't need it. I certainly don't put my work number on any applications... I've not made any applications!!

I've only had these work details since June, so before that they didn't exist. They text my work mobile, I've had that a bit longer, and again, it doesn't get given out to anyone who doesn't need it.

I have new contact numbers at work now, so lets see how long it is before they contact me on these, which again, won't be given out to anyone who I don't directly work with.

Comment

I've also just realised that they threatened me with a doorstep collector in their "Final Notice" letter to me. Nothing has materialised yet.

Surely they should be sending me court papers by now?

I'm curious as to what they've got on me. I suspect it's very little.

Comment

Hi asm,

A hell of a lot of this is tactics, i.e. bullying and posturing and threatening. Creditors do not always obey the law and will use any underhand methods they can to bring you to heel.

If you are going into any dispute with a creditor then you have to come to terms and accept that this sort of thing is going to happen.

regards
            Garlok

Comment

Calls at work are bloody embarrassing. It's hard to have them without someone overhearing... the guy sat behind me asked me "what was all that about", I had to make up a story about an unwanted sales call.

Anyway, lets see what happens now.

Comment

But how do N Hunter get my work numbers?? I seriously don't give out my work numbers to anyone who doesn't need it. I certainly don't put my work number on any applications... I've not made any applications!!

I've only had these work details since June, so before that they didn't exist. They text my work mobile, I've had that a bit longer, and again, it doesn't get given out to anyone who doesn't need it.

I have new contact numbers at work now, so lets see how long it is before they contact me on these, which again, won't be given out to anyone who I don't directly work with.
                Ok if you have EVER applied for ANY credit then you MUST have added an employer..... if not 99% of your applications would be refused on affordability, so yes you have given details and yes these scum DCA's will use those details to trace you....

However ringing your employer is unlawful, they cannot do it so send the template as detailed - but N Hunter is used a lot nowadays to trace people, as that data is basically a comparison of applications so say you apply to barclays on monday and hsbc on tuesday and give different details to both, you'll get two declines and also a marker suggesting they do not open the account due to inaccurate data.... its a clever system but easy to beat and easier to fool.....

In your case though the data has already been passed, they have your details - so argue, and they'll stop.

Comment

I've also just realised that they threatened me with a doorstep collector in their "Final Notice" letter to me. Nothing has materialised yet.

Surely they should be sending me court papers by now?

I'm curious as to what they've got on me. I suspect it's very little.
                  Its basically not gonna go to court, why would you want this? Are you stark raving mad? Of course you do not want court papers !

As for "what they have on you" - basically EVERYTHING you've used in any applications made. ie the content, home details, employer details, other lending etc etc

Comment

Maybe they got your work number from the mobile company? I've got 2 mobile numbers and one is Top Secret only my daughter has ever been given the number (and she would never grass me up). I had a car prang recently and I started getting texts from random accident claims helplines on the strictly private mobile. The only other people who have that number are Vodaphone (original provider 11 years ago) or O2 where I ported it 7 yrs ago. So it has to be one of them who sold the information. Isn't there also a Directory Enquiries for mobile numbers too? There really is a Big Brother out there

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                      Maybe they got your work number from the mobile company? I've got 2 mobile numbers and one is Top Secret only my daughter has ever been given the number (and she would never grass me up). I had a car prang recently and I started getting texts from random accident claims helplines on the strictly private mobile. The only other people who have that number are Vodaphone (original provider 11 years ago) or O2 where I ported it 7 yrs ago. So it has to be one of them who sold the information. Isn't there also a Directory Enquiries for mobile numbers too? There really is a Big Brother out there
                      No the answer is the supplier - ie vodafone AND o2! They'd have recorded the data with N Hunter!

I've explained all this before and above, N Hunter is what most lenders use to combat fraud and accuracy!

Comment

Thread with info is here: ---> N Hunter and CIfas warning. - allaboutFORUMS

Comment

I've not made any applications for credit in yonks, and certainly not with the contact details I have now. Trust me, no-one outside the business has my current contact details. Like I say, I've had my number changed now, and I have no intention of making any applications for credit in the near future, so we'll see what happens.

My plan was just to ignore them until they sent me anything with substance. Are you now saying I should break radio silence and send them a CCA request?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                            My mobile provider is my employer. And no, we're not a mainstream mobile operator. We only supply businesses. My work numbers aren't in any directories.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              Thread with info is here: ---> N Hunter and CIfas warning. - allaboutFORUMS
                              More here: ---> GB Group - Identify Customer Records

Comment

My plan was just to ignore them until they sent me anything with substance. Are you now saying I should break radio silence and send them a CCA request?
                                Nope, ignore it then - makes sense....

Comment

Working...
                                X