GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script And so it begins... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And so it begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: And so it begins...

Originally posted by asm76 View Post
    An interesting letter from 1st Credit today:

What are "redemption limits"?
    No idea, sorry can't help! But wow what an offer. How can you refuse - not.
    Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
    SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

UPDATE:

Received a letter from Arrow Global that relates to an Orange debt. Apparently they now own the debt and Close Credit Management will operate this account on Arrows behalf.

So the debt is from around 2005 and is for £192.94. I left Orange to go to O2 after they cut me off 3 times in one month by mistake, I've been with O2 ever since. I thought it was paid off, obviously not. I don't have any paperwork relating to this anymore, it was binned years ago when I moved house.

Not sure if I should just pay it, what with it being such a small amount...
      NO! This will be statute barred - or bordering at the least! Ignore them, do not pay and whatever you do DO NOT CONTACT THEM!
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

An interesting letter from 1st Credit today:

What are "redemption limits"?
        Ignore this nonsense! Redemption Limits, in the context used here, means end of April (as they are giving you the month of April in which to utilise the offer, i.e. the redemption period)....

It won't matter anyway, don't even give them the time of day with a response!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy, really appreciate your replies.

It makes me wonder why they want to offer such large discounts though...

Comment

Thanks Niddy, really appreciate your replies.

It makes me wonder why they want to offer such large discounts though...
            Cos they buy debts for around 12p in the £1 - so realistically, you could offer 20p in the £1 and they'd still make a profit...... but they are greedy and want to try for 70% usually, idiots!

Comment

Yeah, but it goes back to what I've previously said, why not just go to court and secure a payment for the full amount rather than bother faffing about with letters, threats and offers of 50% discounts... ? lol

Comment

Yeah, but it goes back to what I've previously said, why not just go to court and secure a payment for the full amount rather than bother faffing about with letters, threats and offers of 50% discounts... ? lol
                Because they may not win in court, remember that!

Comment

Yep, that's exactly what I thought.

Anyway, I'll keep this thread updated with any more letters etc

Comment

Yep, that's exactly what I thought.

Anyway, I'll keep this thread updated with any more letters etc
                    Cheers - best of luck

Comment

I think you can expect to get more 'generous offers' if the debt is near to being statute-barred. they know it's their last chance to get something from you and hope to tempt you by their offers.
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They defaulted me 15th March 2007 and I think the credit card was from 2004/5...I do not know when I last made a payment due to the alcoholism.

Comment

1st Credit again...

Dear Sir/Madam

RE: Your agreement with Barclaycard
                          Relating to /Account Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
                          Balance Outstanding: £1603.93

We write to introduce 1st Credit Ltd to you.

BARCLAYCARD has assigned to 1st Credit (Finance) Limited the full outstanding balance due under the agreement referred to above. As a result of this assignment, the full amount outstanding is due to 1st Credit (Finance) Limited immediately.

As the outstanding balance is owed to 1st Credit (Finance) Limited you should not make any payments to BARCLAYCARD as it will take significantly longer to process the payment onto your account. To discharge your outstanding balance, you now need to make payment direct to the appointed servicing agent 1st Credit Ltd at the above address.

We ask you to contact this office immediately so we can agree payment terms with you. Failure on your part to do this will result in more formal recovery proceedings being taken against you.

In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 we will comply with any request for a copy of the Personal Information about you that is held on our computer system.

Send your request, along with the administration fee of £10.00 and a self addressed envelope to the above address.

Please contact us on 0843 320 0000 your reference is xxxxxxx.

PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully
                          Gavin Flynn

What do we make of that then?

Comment

Did you request a SAR?

In any case this is a typical Notice of Assignment - not absolute, but partial assignment. Basically you can ignore it.

Comment

No, never requested a SAR in my life lol

Comment

No, never requested a SAR in my life lol
                                Idiots eh? Just ignore them yea? Keep us updated

Comment

Working...
                                X