GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Terrified and broke - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terrified and broke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrified and broke

I got a credit card at 18 (2001)£1850, payment protection was applied without knowledge but at the time I thought that was part of the whole credit card. Fast forward to 2004 /05and my father paid it off, as I was paying £100 a month with the condition that it was over with, we went to barclays and came out thinking no more card, however 3years later I receied a barclaycard with a limit of £4100. I was no longer employed at that time and was pregnant. So like anyone else would I spent about 3000 before it got blocked cos I was using it all the time. I got 1 or 2 letters but then I moved , I now received texts off collection mk something , I'm a single parent with 2 kids and am terrified at what will happen. Is their anything I can do please please please someone help me. At present I think I owe just under 5000, last time I seen anything was about 3 years ago .

Re: Terrified and broke

Hi Gemmap, welcome to AAD. 1st off take a deep breath release it and calm down, now lets see how we can help.
    Lets see if I have this right
    Barclaycard card taken out 2001
    Card paid off 2004/5
    another card received 2007/8

was this new card just sent or did you apply for it?

did you make any payment to it?, if so when was the last payment made and for how much

you say last time you saw anything was 3 years ago, can you remember who wrote to you, and what it said?

who is writing to you now and what does the letter say

do you have any more debts or is this your only one

sorry about the long list of questions, but,the more we know the more we can try and help, NW

just noticed you said you were receiving text off some company they may not know they have the right person and just be sending the text to try and find you
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Terrified and broke

Hi and welcome Gemmap
      I'm so glad you found your way here. There's no need to be scared, we deal with these people every day and they have to abide by the rules.
      If you could answer Nightwatch's questions above we can see where this stands and what the best way forward is for you.

Whatever you do from now on, don't discuss this over the phone if they start ringing. Everything needs to be in writing with these bullies.

Elsa x

Comment

Working...
      X