GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Council Tax Court Summons - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Council Tax Court Summons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council Tax Court Summons

I'm having a bad run at the minute.

Today I got a court summons for missing the last 2 payments of the last year's tranch of council tax (I think that'd be for Feb and March, but perhaps Jan and Feb).

Anyway, I've paid them the arrears plus their court fee of 35.00 and it says that the court process will be stopped if they are paid before a hearing date in May. Is this the case?

Will it just automnatically stop or will I still get hauled through court because the red tape machine is now in motion?

Re: Council Tax Court Summons

I guess it was a liability order you got? Just email the council legal person on the order.

Confirm its all paid. That should be that. No need to attend court.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I will, thanks. I'll call them on Monday. But I paid them on the internet using the same info I have used for the other payments and I see the account payment details are different on their court summons letter!!!! I worry about some red tape disaster leading to a CCJ.

Can a CCJ get overturned if they were paid in time (and can be proved to be paid)?

Comment

It's not a CCJ. It's a liability order isn't it?

You shouldn't pay like that. Arrears are treated differently so get in touch ASAP as they may have allocated the arrears payment you made to the current bill and deducted it from the balance for the year. Meaning the arrears are not paid

Easy to remedy if you call Monday and explain you paid the ARREARS online and calling to check they got them and that its all sorted now.

Sort it ASAP - Monday. Ring the number of the legal person on the liability order paperwork.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok council tax should be fine. it hasnt hit their account yet but they are aware of money going into the wrong account. They have an automatic TFR set up with the old bank. They said if its paid it will not reflect on my credit record and no court proceedings. They are calling me tomorrow to make sure payment is credited to the default account and not this year's upcoming bills.

Comment

Originally posted by Blodwin View Post
            Ok council tax should be fine. it hasnt hit their account yet but they are aware of money going into the wrong account. They have an automatic TFR set up with the old bank. They said if its paid it will not reflect on my credit record and no court proceedings. They are calling me tomorrow to make sure payment is credited to the default account and not this year's upcoming bills.
            Excellent, that's what I wanted to avoid as arrears are paid quite separate to the main bill so had you not told them, the funds paid would auto-credit the current bill.

Disaster averted

Comment

Yeah got it sorted today but I had to bloody well go down in person to the council offices with a copy of my bank statement to prove I paid them. Otherwise it would have gone to court. And this because I'd used their old banking details.

Comment

Originally posted by Blodwin View Post
                Yeah got it sorted today but I had to bloody well go down in person to the council offices with a copy of my bank statement to prove I paid them. Otherwise it would have gone to court. And this because I'd used their old banking details.

Big Brother = comes to mind !!!!!
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                X