GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New Member. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member.

Hi, I have just been recommended to join this group by Amy and to ask for Niddy?

Re: New Member.

Hi
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Welcome x
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Oneman and welcome to the site

It can be a bit daunting when you first join but have a look around and you will get a feel for the site

Niddy is the very first person who said Hi in this thread - Never in Doubt

You say that you have been recommended to join the site so I guess you have an issue or two where you need some advice?

As long as you don't post up any personal details at this stage, If you need some advice could you post up a rough description of what you need help with ect and you will see that there is a whole host of friendly people on here with the experience and knowledge to point you in the right direction. There is no judgement on this site, Just good people who like to help others out where they can

Look forward to "talking" with you soon

Spud
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well here goes, it's a long story but basically my wife and I had our own small general stores, mine on a holiday park and my wife in a small village. About 3 years ago we where forced by the economic climate and the banks to closed them both with quite a lot of debt. At the time we could see no way out but to go bankrupt, and we had all the paperwork drawn up (with financial help from my wife's farther), but unfortunately my wife's farther was taken seriously ill and died. We could not afford to pay the cost involved in going to court so it was left. We have now been taken to court by one of our suppliers who has of course won and despite us both being on only JSA income based the judge has ordered us to pay £60 a month which we told him we could not afford to which he has said if we don't pay the bailiff will take our things away to sell, ( be in for a shock as got nothing).
          My question is will the paperwork we had drawn up (although we have moved nothing else has changed, what we owe, and what we have) still be ok to file or will we have to pay to have new paper's drawn up, and any idea of what it could cost?

Thanks for any help and advice.

Comment

Sorry to hear you have had a bad time.

Bankruptcy paperwork should still be OK on pages where nothing has changed.

Obviously on pages that give address etc you would have to substitute new copies of those into the old paperwork. The bankruptcy forms are freely available online to download, so should be quite easy to do.

Comment

Please do have a read here too -- > ~ Look here first - Bankruptcy Help ~
              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi. Sorry for your family loss and business too.

All the best - you are in good hands now with AAD.

Cheers
                SA Gold
                When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Originally posted by oneman View Post
                  We have now been taken to court by one of our suppliers who has of course won and despite us both being on only JSA income based the judge has ordered us to pay £60 a month which we told him we could not afford to which he has said if we don't pay the bailiff will take our things away to sell.

Hello and to AAD

That judge sounds a bit harsh. Did you provide the court with an Income & Expenditure Form so they could see your true financial situation? If this is the only creditor giving you a hard time we may be able to suggest a way to get that particular one under control unless you're convinced that bankruptcy is the way forward for you. How much is that debt?

Maybe give us an outline of your other creditors in case there are any which can be seen off.

If you're both on JSA there may be other benefits you could claim since JSA is a 'gateway' benefit.

On AAD we tend to take a holistic approach to debt problems

Comment

3 years ago we where forced by the economic climate and the banks to closed them both with quite a lot of debt. At the time we could see no way out but to go bankrupt, and we had all the paperwork drawn up. We have now been taken to court by one of our suppliers who has of course won and despite us both being on only JSA income based the judge has ordered us to pay £60 a month which we told him we could not afford.
                    A quick question: is that CCJ in you or your wife's name, or were you co-defendants ?

I ask because it may/may not make sense for one of you to go BR but not necessarily the other.

It would also make a difference as to what any bailiffs could take or not take.

We'll wait until you tell us about all your debts and who owes what to whom.

Comment

we filled in an Income & Expenditure Form which actually showed a minus figure (as we have to borrow off our parents each week to survive) The judge just seemed to ignore this despite us both trying to explain this.
                      The debt was my wife's but they took us both to court, again we tried to explain this to the judge but he ignore it and be leaved what the creditor said.

Our creditors are various suppliers and the bank, in total for both of us around £50,000

Our only other benefit is housing & council tax.

Comment

We have now been taken to court by one of our suppliers who has of course won and despite us both being on only JSA income based the judge has ordered us to pay £60 a month which we told him we could not afford to which he has said if we don't pay the bailiff will take our things away to sell.
                        What was the name of that bewigged old fart of a "judge", who seems to know bugger all about bailiff law?
                        Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 11 June 2014, 20:53. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                          That judge sounds a pen pidyn.
                          I've fixed your post for you!
                          Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 11 June 2014, 20:52. Reason: translation into Welshish

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                            I've fixed your post for you!
                            This site has a specific type of humour than never fails to make me smile............Tell it like it is

Comment

The debt was my wife's but they took us both to court, again we tried to explain this to the judge but he ignore it and believed what the creditor said.
                              It us a pity, but there are judges like that - they are "District Judges" (that is, judges who started off as solicitors and who have been appointed with minimal training) who, frankly, shouldn't judge anything more serious than a knobbly knees contest.

If the contract to supply and/or the debt was in your wife's sole name, one must surely wonder why any judge would give a judgement against both the husband and wife. It just does not make sense and could be grounds for the judgement to be set aside, or for appeal.

Comment

Working...
                              X