GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting hassle from high Court sherif regarding someone else and their debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting hassle from high Court sherif regarding someone else and their debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting hassle from high Court sherif regarding someone else and their debt

Have had two letters from a high Court enforcement agent asking some bloke to contact them regarding a 30k debt. Have also had emails from them asking to speak to him. I've told them repeatedly they have the wrong address and I know of no one with that name. But today I received yet another letter. Sent them all back return to sender addressee unknown, am hoping the last letter crossed in post with my emails to them. They did seem ok about it though and seemed to believe me when I said they had the wrong address. But what bothers me is how the hell did they think he was linked to my address? Why did they decide to write to my address when I have absolutely no connection with him. I really don't want the hassle of a high Court sherif turning up at my home and having to prove I am who I say I am while they stick their boot in the door trying to take charge of assets!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Getting hassle from high Court sherif regarding someone else and their debt

Either he's deliberately put your address or it's a tracing error.
    Have you Googled the name? Looked on 192.com? (Check your own listing too. We had a neighbours daughter listed at our address for some reason!)
    Does it say who the debt is owed to?
    You shouldn't have a problem if they did turn up, once you prove your identity.
    Elsa x

Comment

I think it was a tracing error to be honest as they didn't argue with me when I said we had no connection to him. I asked them for info they hold that makes them believe he's connected to my address and they spouted DPA at me lol obviously can't do their homework properly. Anyway they have said they have found him now. I'm hoping the last letter crossed in the post with my emails to them. Feel bad for the guy. 30k debt chased by high Court, he's gonna get a possession order for sure!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Or lose his Beamer! Maybe it's a business debt?

Comment

Yep a business debt. They did tell me the company name. Was a Ltd company.

Comment

Working...
          X