GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCJ payment question - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCJ payment question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ payment question

HI,

I've got a CCJ (Barclays) from 2011 that is for £10.00 p/m due on 20th of each month. I get a pension payment that day and pay via a direct transfer to Robway (orig lewis group but assigned to Hoist in April) . Every month they write thanking me for the payment and ask that I please make sure payment is made in good time to ensure it's with them on the due date. I've just filed these letters away but todays whilst asking the same thing actually states it was credited to my account on the 22nd, please make sure etc etc.

Prob fussing over nothing but it must cost them to send a letter every month, is there anything sinister about it, i.e. are they laying a trail to say I've defaulted on the CCJ or am I worrying over nothing because I actually make the payment on the 20th ?

Re: CCJ payment question

Hi
    Payments can take a few days to progress through the payment systems and actually get credited to the debt account. If you are able to make your payments 2 or 3 days earlier than at present you could avoid the problems that a few other posters have encountered recently, ie repeated arrears letters from their creditors because payments get credited a few days after the due date.

Comment

As stated above there are delays in monies arriving in an account.

As it appears that you were paying Barclays initially, the process would have been shorter whilst you were paying them, as they are a major Clearing Bank running their internal systems all day. They would have received the monies on the day you paid, ie 20th, especially if your pension account was also with Barclays. As they appear to have sold the debt on, the buyers are guilty of altering the process, and, in my opinion, they are to blame for their naff systems.

The 'due date' is the sticking point. What does the CCJ say? The payment to be 'made on 20th' or 'received in a/c 99999999 on 20th' . You clearly are paying on 20th. You have no control over the money once it has left your account and sits making its way across the systems.

If you want to comply with the DCAs changes, and If you could pay earlier, you may want to arrange to pay on 15th to be sure you don't hit a weekend and other delays. However, as you are on a pension, you may not be able to do that.

If you are disciplined, you could do an electronic transfer on the day. Money transfers should now be instantaneous or within 2 hours, if you do a personal money transfer into the account. Whereas the computer systems dealing with standing orders and direct debits are normally overnight batch processes, taking large files of payments from many different sources, and if you miss one day, it wont be processed until the next day.

e.g.
      When the pension is received on 20th it will probably be credited to your account just after 1am along with other BACS transfers. Monies leaving your account by Standing Order/DirectDebit may leave after that time, or any time up until about 11pm on 20th. The payments are transferred to the receiving bank, but may not be credited until 21st depending on their computer systems updating timetable for inter-bank transfers. The account receiving the monies may not be the account pertinent to your account with them and the numpties may manually update 'your' account, or their computer system may run over night. This will mean that your payment has taken at least 2 days (more if over a weekend or Bank Holiday). In addition, as there are several companies dealing with this (Barclays, Robway, Hoist, Lewis) the payments may go through several computer systems to arrive at 'your account'. The amount of time in limbo benefits the person holding the money, it is not your fault their systems are naff.

So check the words on the CCJ payment order, as just because they think payment is 'due on 20th' it does not necessarily mean it is due in 'your account' on 'their system'. Perhaps the judge ordered it on 20th because you said your pension was received on 20th and payment was direct to Barclays.

Comment

Thanks to you both, the CCJ says to reach the claimant on or before the 20th of each month. I pay using my banks app which needed Robways bank a/c No and sort code to set up which I thought was instantaneous but I suppose if they use a different bank it's not. It's not a DD or SO I think it's called a direct transfer ? I know if I send money to family it's straight away but they are also with the same bank

Comment

Originally posted by lookingforward View Post
          the CCJ says to reach the claimant on or before the 20th of each month.
          I'm afraid the County Court Judgment is the only thing which really matters in this situation. It states "to reach the claimant on or before the 20th of each month" which means 'no arguing' except before a judge. The banking system shenanigans are not relevant.

Having said that Robinson Way are jolly mean to quibble but nevertheless they are probably acting within the spirit of the law - damn it.

If you can find an extra ten quid to pay them now, then any payment you make on the 22nd of the month in future would in theory be made at least three weeks in advance of the due date (if you follow me).

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
            I'm afraid the County Court Judgment is the only thing which really matters in this situation. It states "to reach the claimant on or before the 20th of each month" which means 'no arguing' except before a judge. The banking system shenanigans are not relevant.

Having said that Robinson Way are jolly mean to quibble but nevertheless they are probably acting within the spirit of the law - damn it.

If you can find an extra ten quid to pay them now, then any payment you make on the 22nd of the month in future would in theory be made at least three weeks in advance of the due date (if you follow me).

Ahh good thinking, I'll always be a month in advance, I like it

Comment

Well this month I made sure they got the money by the 20th and I STILL got a letter thanking me for the payment which was credited to my account on the 20th............then...........Please make sure your next payment is made in good time to ensure it is with us by the due date..............................

They must have shares in TNT post or something to want to keep sending these letter lol

Comment

Working...
              X