GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HFO Credit Card Debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HFO Credit Card Debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HFO Credit Card Debt

I have been paying off a credit card debt to HFO Services, I still owe a large amount of the balance and they have approached me with an offer of making a full and final payment which is substancialy less than the amount owing to clear the debt, when I have paid the amount they say they will close my file and notify the credit reference agencies of the debt been settled. What should I do.

Re: HFO Credit Card Debt

Hi, take a read here ---> No CCA From Barclaycard - allaboutFORUMS

Unlikely they will do much other than remove the D and replace with an S but why bother....? It'll not change much in the grand scheme of things sadly.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

They got judgement in court a couple years ago and put a charge on my house I went back to court and got the judgement set aside on the grounds I had not been notified of the court date and there being a repayment plan in force that had always been paid on the regular date. They are offering about 70% discount on the debt as a final settlement figure, I cant get credit anywhere because of the mark on my credit report and this seems like a good opportunity to get my credit rating back on track assuming I can trust HFO.

Comment

What do you mean it wont change things in the great scheme of things, if my credit rating is improved and I can get credit again surely it will. All I am concerned with if I do pay HFO what they want they are going to be true to there word ( close the file and notify credit agencies the debt is settled ).

Comment

I never knew they had secured it. If you can settle the ccj for 70% off do it!!
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X