CCJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ

I have recently found out that I have a CCJ on my credit file after applying for a rental property.

It transpires that 6 years ago I disputed a late payment fee through TSB. I cancelled my DD's including Virgin and to close my account as well as cancelling the DD with Virgin. Both seemed to take it upon themselves to on 1 side apply for the DD and on the other side to pay the DD and charge me £75 for this as well.

I disputed with both sides with both sides saying it wasn't their fault.

I said I wanted this to be referred to a manager at the bank and to be contacted back.

I received nothing back from the bank and assumed they'd dropped it as had no correspondence for many months.

I then moved property and then found out I have a CCJ for £566 dated last year which was for this default payment with the bank from 6 years ago with additional charges.

Is there anything I can do about this or do I have to pay it and accept this on my credit history?

This is now causing real problems as I'm currently looking for a rental property

Re: CCJ

will see if some one is about to help xx
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Leejusjo View Post
      I have recently found out that I have a CCJ on my credit file after applying for a rental property.

. . . . This is now causing real problems as I'm currently looking for a rental property
      A quick question.

Were you turned down for a rental property as a direct result of this negative information on your credit file?

Plan B x

Comment

Can you please confirm:

1. Date of last payment (approx);
        2. Have you moved addresses from the account address to the CCJ address and is your current address the one the CCJ is registered at?

We *might* be able to help but whether it's cost effective is another issue altogether. Please answer the post from planB and my 2 questions above then we'll be able to assess things for you.

Thanks.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X