GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HOUSING BENEFIT BAN for jobless migrants from April - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOUSING BENEFIT BAN for jobless migrants from April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOUSING BENEFIT BAN for jobless migrants from April

Today Government ministers announced that jobless migrants will not be able to claim Housing Benefit from April this year. They also say that migrants will only be able to claim Jobseekers cash for six months.

Labour says it is "supportive" of the policy inspired by Tory toff David Cameron . . .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-25805474

Re: HOUSING BENEFIT BAN for jobless migrants from April

I'm in support of this move...
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Why should they be able to claim anything if they haven't paid into the system?
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Quite......
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I don't think they should be allowed to claim JSA at all let alone for 6 months.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'd love to see this happen but our Government won't let children suffer, as I've said before. Have they said what they're going to do where migrant families have children?

I doubt it.....
            Remember the mantra:
            NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
            Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
            Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Bet this will only apply to "new" claimants

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                Bet this will only apply to "new" claimants
                I doubt it could be retrospective or that would mean current HB claimants would be evicted from their homes for non payment of rent. It's intended to be a deterrent. I expect the Eurostar will be fully booked between now and April to beat the deadline.

Comment

It has been known for immigrants (yes it has happened more than once) to turn up at a hospital and say "here, take my kids, I have no where to live and no money". Within hours they have been housed and given money.

In one case, when the social worker turned up at the house a few days later to check whether they had settled in and if everything was okay, there was no sign of the kids AT ALL in the house. Turns out that the kids "used" for the scam were not even living in the house or related to the immigrant.

Whatever we introduce, they'll be ways round it
                  If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
                    Whatever we introduce, they'll be ways round it
                    Firing squad (i'm joking before anyone says anything! )
                    )

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
                      say "here, take my kids, I have no where to live and no money". Within hours they have been housed and given money.
                      Golly, is it that easy to give away one's children. I wish I'd thought of that years ago

Comment

No planB, it isn't, cos it doesn't work! They won't take them, they'll house you instead
                        If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

If our policy makers lived in the real world, they would realise that the easiest way to get around most sanctions is to have kids.... British people have known this for a long time, which is why (in my opinion) this country now has an abundant underclass with shitloads of kids.
                          Remember the mantra:
                          NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                          Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                          Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Why not make the originating country cough up, either at UK rates or their own?

Comment

I can't see how they get over the 'intentionally homeless' restriction on the public housing. If I went to Bognor Regis and camped in the street, I would be sent away. I would not get any housing benefit because I would have made myself intentionally homeless. SO how can they come from Saravejo and walk to the top of the list. I don't understand.

This mobility is not available within the UK, so why is it seen as a European and international right. A UK citizen can only move to the work if they can afford the accommodation. It is no wonder that they cannot afford to move their families when there is no support to take up a job on minimum wage and no chance of any housing for them.

The jobs available in seaside resorts that were previously taken on by youngsters and students are now taken by migrants who stay on over the winter and take up the local rented accommodation. So they have pushed out the locals. Why? because they are trained waiters and cooks rather than people filling in. They have been given accommodation and just enough to live on, but do well and get housing eventually. So the employers win by having tradesmen, and avoiding paying the training costs and the proper wages. The migrants climb up the social ladder. The locals lose out.

Way round it. Training for the UK paid for by those employing them.

Comment

Working...
                              X