GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SOLICITORS REGULATORY AUTHORITY or NOT - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOLICITORS REGULATORY AUTHORITY or NOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLICITORS REGULATORY AUTHORITY or NOT

Open for open discussion on complaints to them and action/non action by same
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: SOLICITORS REGULATORY AUTHORITY or NOT

I don't rate the SRA at all. They basically get another law firm to check the complaint and then make judgment.

Problem being scum likes to keep scum happy - same here. Why complain when the solicitor firm assigned to your complaint can't see things like an adjudicator - because they're not neutral. They're very forgiving on huge errors based on excuses such as "busy workload"....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Totally useless when I complained to them.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

2 cases and after all this time of telling them complaint still stands, they answered one finally and it seems certain their guidelines are fit for toilet paper, awaiting 2nd probably final reply very soon.
        Attached Files

Comment

FCA response is that SRA is nothing to do with them, so it would seem HSBC/DG which HSBC are regulated by FCA means nothing!

Comment

The SRA is separate to what the FCA does - why are you reporting their SRA element to the FCA? It is like going to the Ford Dealer to argue about the Cheeseburger you bought out of Burger King.....
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

HSBC Licence to trade, also been reported that steps may be in place where SRA may come under FCA control in the future?

Comment

Paul Philip, SRA Chief Executive, said: "We are pressing hard to look at ways in which we can reduce bureaucracy. These latest proposals have been developed as a result of suggestions from the profession and following discussions with various stakeholders.

The SRA is committed to setting, promoting and securing in the public interest standards of behaviour and professional performance necessary to ensure that consumers receive a good standard of service and that the rule of law is upheld.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                  steps may be in place where SRA may come under FCA control in the future?
                  But not now - so you need to keep it separate. Sadly the SRA does seem to be a bit anal and the way they pass complaints to other firms to investigate isn't what I call fair - I mean that's like (a wild example coming up) the FCA passing Barclays complaints to their mates at Lloyds who find in Barclays favour 99% of the time (for a bung of course) - what says the SRA doesn't do the same, but without the bung - the less firms there are means these bigger investigatory firms will be liable to pay higher fees hence you can see why they almost always find in favour of other solicitors whom are the recipient of a complaint.

Anyone here ever seen the SRA find for a consumer - I haven't seen or heard of a single case since AAD has been here....... says it all really.

Comment

They as we know agreed Duncan Sxxxx failed/ broke rule but stated no further action

Comment

HSBC internal so called solicitors get away with it, yet they are HSBC in disguise and HSBC hold Consumer Credit licence:- Number:- 0006343

Thanks for your recent email of 20 April 2015 about your complaint regarding DG Solicitors, who act on behalf of HSBC. I understand that my colleague, Rachel, has been corresponding with you about this. As she is away at the moment, I will respond to your query.

I'm really sorry to hear that you've had to speak to a number of organisations to get your complaint investigated. As a regulator of financial services firms, we have no power or jurisdiction over legal firms. I'm aware that Rachel explained this and why we can't take this any further, and I would urge you to refer back to her emails.

Again, I appreciate this is difficult for you, so it may be helpful to speak to a consumer organisation such as the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB), if you haven't already done so. They can advise you on a wide range of issues and give you guidance about your net steps. You can contact CAB by phone on 0345 404 0506 or visit their website here.

I hope you find my email helpful, and thank you again for taking the time to contact us.

Yours sincerely,

Emdad Siyed Hussain (Mr)
                      Associate | Customer Contact Centre
                      Financial Conduct Authority | www.fca.org.uk
                      Consumer Helpline: 0800 111 6768

Comment

Working...
                      X