GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Legal Ombudsman Service - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legal Ombudsman Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal Ombudsman Service

Hi All,

Due to circumstances beyond our control it has become necessary to look at the regulatory bodies looking after our collective interests in our dealings with the legal profession.

The role of the Solicitors Regulation Authority has changed somewhat in the last month and a new "Handbook" has been published. If you contact them they are helpful but your first port of call must be the firm's own formal complaints procedure. However if it needs regulatory intervention for us consumers then the Legal Ombudsman Service will be the next stage. The SRA gace me a direct number for the Ombudsman:-

0300 555 0333

There is a multi option menu but I found the young lady I spoke with very helpful. Outlined the problem. She agreed a face to face with the supervising partner and the litigation executive we had arranged was the correct way to go first and then back to them if there was no saitisfactory resolution for us. She took details immediately issued a case reference and is putting an information pack in the post to us.

If it is necessary to go back to them, just quote the number reference and they will proceed. If it is necessary they will deal with what is within their powers and then hand over to the SRA for breaches that they are required to deal with. She allso offered to send out a letter immediately telling the practice that they were now involved but she did say that many people with a real problem ask them not to until the first meetings are over. Yes my heart says I would love that letter to go just to give them some grief up front, but my head says no follow the procedure and use that ammunition when it is necessary and will have the best effect. However be aware that there are time limited options for this service which are adhered to so if you are gpoing to do this, you should comply to get the best out of this procedure.

There it is a bit more experience.

regards
    Garlok

Re: Legal Ombudsman Service

Garlok,

Thanks m8, did you know the law has also changed on as to who can invested in a firm of solicitors.

Before companies without legal knowledge were not allowed to invest this has now changed any company can invest in a law firm.

This I am not sure yet if its a good idea but it does mean you could have an investor with no legal training or knowledge on the board of directors a worrying thought.

Comment

Yes mate, it is worrying and many "practice managers" are partners now but are not legally trained or qualified. It makes you wonder what chance we have all got.

regards
      Garlok

Comment

Whilst I was being taken to court by Optima Legal they sold an investment in there company to Capita. Optima Legal where reprimanded because they acted before it was legal to do so and both they and Capita knew this.

http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/soli...155841.article

http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/soli...cle?ref=search

Comment

Working...
        X