GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Legal Direct Recoveries - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legal Direct Recoveries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal Direct Recoveries

Hi All

I have the Capital One alert service and just got my weekly update, and there was the following on there:

New Credit Agreement Summary

Company Name: LEGAL DIRECT RECOVERIES
    Account Type: Mail Order Agency
    Account No: XXXXXX7100

so I produced a report and I cannot even see the 'agreement' on there!

I also noticed this bit of information which confuses me:

Mail Order Agency from Shop Direct Finance Company Ltd (I) / XXXXXX7100

Start Date16/04/2010
    Start Date: 16/04/10 (this was when it was a non credit account only)
    Credit Limit: £250
    Date Updated: 01/03/11
    Date Satisfied: 26/02/11

Now I am confused here, as they only put my limit up to £300 today and have just this minute let me place an order?!
    Last edited by wizzywig27; 4 March 2011, 00:45.

Re: Legal Direct Recoveries

Originally posted by wizzywig27 View Post
    Hi All

I have the Capital One alert service and just got my weekly update, and there was the following on there:

New Credit Agreement Summary

Company Name: LEGAL DIRECT RECOVERIES
    Account Type: Mail Order Agency
    Account No: XXXXXX7100

so I produced a report and I cannot even see the 'agreement' on there!

I also noticed this bit of information which confuses me:

Mail Order Agency from Shop Direct Finance Company Ltd (I) / XXXXXX7100

Start Date16/04/2010
    Start Date: 16/04/10 (this was when it was a non credit account only)
    Credit Limit: £250
    Date Updated: 01/03/11
    Date Satisfied: 26/02/11

Now I am confused here, as they only put my limit up to £300 today and have just this minute let me place an order?!
    I would speak to SDG mate - this is bad, it suggests that the account was in arrears and you've settled with a DCA.....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      I would speak to SDG mate - this is bad, it suggests that the account was in arrears and you've settled with a DCA.....
      thats just it though mate, the Legal Direct Recoveries alert that I got does not even show up on my credit file, its the SDG one that does, as settled.

Comment

thats just it though mate, the Legal Direct Recoveries alert that I got does not even show up on my credit file, its the SDG one that does, as settled.
        Are you in debit with this or is it all up to date etc?

So the entry you quoted above, is not really there - its just an alert? I'm confused mate. If it aint there, how do you know its there?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Are you in debit with this or is it all up to date etc?

So the entry you quoted above, is not really there - its just an alert? I'm confused mate. If it aint there, how do you know its there?
          The alart said it was there, but when I produced my credit file, it said it wasnt there fella!

I called SDG, they basically said that as far as she was concerned the Legal Direct Rocoveries account was nothing to do with either of my active accounts with them, I stated that the account number given was the same for both, she said my Very account is what they see as a perfect account with no bad history etc.

She also explained that the reason it was settled was because when the CRA were updated, I had a zero balance with no orders, so it automatically updates with 'settled' - she said next month it will be active again as there are orders.

Like I say, I can see no mention of LDR on my credit file, it was just the alert. Both accounts I have with them, within my report are listed as SDG accounts!

Comment

The alart said it was there, but when I produced my credit file, it said it wasnt there fella!

I called SDG, they basically said that as far as she was concerned the Legal Direct Rocoveries account was nothing to do with either of my active accounts with them, I stated that the account number given was the same for both, she said my Very account is what they see as a perfect account with no bad history etc.

She also explained that the reason it was settled was because when the CRA were updated, I had a zero balance with no orders, so it automatically updates with 'settled' - she said next month it will be active again as there are orders.

Like I say, I can see no mention of LDR on my credit file, it was just the alert. Both accounts I have with them, within my report are listed as SDG accounts!
            Maybe it was an error, don't worry mate. Wait and see what shows (on your credit file) in a few days....

Comment

Maybe it was an error, don't worry mate. Wait and see what shows (on your credit file) in a few days....
              Yeah its really strange though! Oh well, as she said, its all in order so not sure what is going on with Equifax!

Slightly off the subject, I applied for Aqua last August and they searched me four times, so I rang up to get the other three searches removed, they agreed to do this and gave me £50 as a good will gesture!

JD Williams also removed the late payment marker.
              Last edited by wizzywig27; 4 March 2011, 12:08.

Comment

Does sound like an error to me?

i.e. either SDF or the CRA adds the entry in error, the alert is sent out, and by the time you look at your file it's been taken back off.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
                  Does sound like an error to me?

i.e. either SDF or the CRA adds the entry in error, the alert is sent out, and by the time you look at your file it's been taken back off.
                  I will monitor it mate.

In the meantime I am going to try and get me free report reset as I only got this report due to mis information from the alert!

Comment

Working...
                  X