GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script JACAMO - Credit Search - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JACAMO - Credit Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JACAMO - Credit Search

Folks,

I'm not sure if this is the case for all mail order catalogues. But I was recently sent a catalogue for Jacamo. I have never requested one for myself, and either they have got my name and address off a list ... OR ... a friend thought it would be amusing to send me a catalogue.

Getting their junk catalogue in the post was annoying enough, but several months later when I checked my credit report it seemed they had done a full credit check upon me.

Calling customer services was zero help:

"Hi, I've been sent a catalogue of yours ..."
    "Ok, whats your customer number"
    "I'm not a customer, and I never wanted to be"
    "Errr OK"
    "How do I find out who sent it to me?"
    "We can't tell you that, data protection"
    "Yes, but the data relates to me, so I'm entitled to see it"
    "No we can't, Data Protection"
    cue going round in circles

I finally get through to their credit team and find out why I've been credit checked:
    "We do that for all new accounts sir"
    "But I didn't request an account, nor did I request a catalogue"
    "Oh well someone sent you a catalogue, and so we credit checked you"

In the end I wrote a very strongly worded letter to Jacamo telling them to remove all traces of the credit search from my file. I wrote to all the CRA's and explained that I wanted it removing.

I then had a look on their website and all you had to do was type in name and address on the website to ask for a catalogue and they would send you one ... little did you know they would credit check you too!
    "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Re: JACAMO - Credit Search

Similar to next, who got told off for this and now make it clear you're applying for credit when you apply for a catalogue.

Id not worry, save the fight for those that you do owe money to.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: JACAMO - Credit Search

This was a while ago, I thought it was worthwhile letting peeps know.

Talking of NEXT, they were blatantly flouting Distance Selling Law too. I complained at them many years ago, and they didn't admit to it, but instead sent a goodwill NEXT voucher for the same amount as the postage costs! NEXT Catalogue closed and told them where to shove it!
      "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Comment

Working...
      X