GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Parking Charge Notice Advice - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parking Charge Notice Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice Advice

My daughter in law has today received a letter in the post from Parking Eye. It's a parking charge notice telling her she overstayed her time in Aldi supermarket car park. The letter contains photos of her car registration plate. It demands a payment of £70 but if paid within 14 days the amount is reduced to £40. Is this charge enforceable? Thanks.

Re: Parking Charge Notice Advice

Ignore it as if it never came initially. These only get to court in extreme circumstances. They would have to prove their losses (which there are none) and, dependent on the times of the photos, you could argue you left and came back (not a good solid arguement mind)

Plus it is NOT your daughterIL that is responsible, it is whoever was driving at the time, so you need to ask yourself, Was it your daughterIL??

Also, unless there has been recent changes I am unaware of, you are under no obligation to tell them who was driving, it is up to them to prove or find out.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
      Ignore it as if it never came initially. These only get to court in extreme circumstances. They would have to prove their losses (which there are none) and, dependent on the times of the photos, you could argue you left and came back (not a good solid arguement mind)

Plus it is NOT your daughterIL that is responsible, it is whoever was driving at the time, so you need to ask yourself, Was it your daughterIL??

Also, unless there has been recent changes I am unaware of, you are under no obligation to tell them who was driving, it is up to them to prove or find out.
      Thank you Oscar, in fact the letter was addressed to my son who was NOT driving the car, he was at work at the time but he is the RK. My Daughter iL was just so worried as to how they had their address. I will tell her to just ignore it. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Ah I see. I assumed your DIL was the RK. Makes no difference. They sent a letter to your son who wasnt driving anyway
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ah I see. I assumed your DIL was the RK. Makes no difference. They sent a letter to your son who wasnt driving anyway
          That was my mistake Oscar I thought it was sent to DIL but it was to my son the RK. How many more ways will this country find to screw the people.

Comment

No no no and no.

If you can prove spending in store then contact Aldi and complain. They might drop it (they have in many cases)

Alternatively appeal to parking eye which will 99% be rejected and then appeal to popla with a good appeal and you have 75%+ chances of winning.

Do not say who the driver was but write "the driver did" etc.

M1

Comment

wouldn't enter into any correspondence with these jokers

your DD had not contract with them therefore they have no case

this is just a scam, ignore it, you'll get a few more letters, perhaps a really bad photo, ignore it and they'll go and argue with some easier prey who wants to engage.

I ignored one, from an Aldi carpark 4 years ago, never heard anymore

Comment

Parking eye have become litigious this year.

Ignore if you want but it's easier to get rid of it without court action if you play the game rather than in court where 1/2 people have lost in defended claims.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                  Parking eye have become litigious this year.

Ignore if you want but it's easier to get rid of it without court action if you play the game rather than in court where 1/2 people have lost in defended claims.

M1
                  Do you have a link for when they became litigous? I cant find anything and it would help other users.

Comment

Do you have a link for when they became litigous? I cant find anything and it would help other users.
                    https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...ght_by_parking

However, in terms of the data we hold, the figure of 467 cases I provided you referred only to the number of claims made by Parking Eye Ltd (and all trading variations of that name operating from the Lancashire address you have specified) via Money Claims Online (MCOL), which you specifically referred to in your request. From our records, I can tell you that there 1143 were cases logged by Parking Eye LTD (and all variations of that name) between 01/10/2012 to 31/05/2013 via MCOL and CCBC (County Court Bulk Centre). However, again as this figure does not include actual traffic enforcement notices.

I have been informed that from May 2013, Parking Eye LTD changed the way they file claims and now also use the Claims Production Centre (CPC) as well as MCOL. Prior to May 2013, the majority of the claims would have been made via the Traffic Enforcement Centre. As such of the 1143 cases I identified on our database, the remaining 663 claims were logged in May 2013, all of which start with the prefix '3JD' and were filed on either 24 or 28 May 2013.We do not currently have any information after May 2013.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...n-one-day.html

Here are ParkingEye's figures for cases filed in June and July.

04/06/2013 300
                    11/06/2013 476
                    13/06/2013 79
                    18/06/2013 392
                    08/07/2013 1074
                    16/07/2013 1
                    26/07/2013 1
                    30/07/2013 705

M1

Comment

Working...
                    X