GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DMP/IVA calls. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DMP/IVA calls.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMP/IVA calls.

Not sure this is the best place to put this (its the best I could think of) so if someone thinks it fits more appropriately in another thread, please feel free to move (not that I really need to say that, it would get moved anyway)

Do we have a threat-o-gram letter for those pain in the arse companies that keeep cold calling - you, know the ones that say "we are aware you have lots of debt" "we can help you" etc etc.

A couple keep calling me - and wont take the hint!!

Do we have a letter on the site (and I have looked) along the lines of, "despite several requests....." "All calls to this number are now being recorded..." "a complaint has already been raised to ..... "(citing the various harrasment acts)

"A payment of X is due immediately to prevent further action" (well, they put it in their letters - got to be worth a try!!)
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: DMP/IVA calls.

No mate. Unsolicted calls means you need to register with TPS. Then formally complain via the ombudsman thingy for telecoms (used to be ofcom)...
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Can this be done with Mobiles?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

TPS Link matey

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
          Can this be done with Mobiles?
          TPS Website quotes

The TPS can accept the registration of mobile telephone numbers, however it is important to note that this will prevent the receipt of marketing voice calls but not SMS (text) messages
          On their FAQ Pages they also quote:

7. Will registering my mobile number on the TPS reduce the receipt of text (SMS) messages?
          No. New legislation, which came into force on 11 December 2003, makes it unlawful to send an unsolicited direct marketing SMS to an individual subscriber unless the recipient has previously given their consent to such communications.
          Text messages are defined as "electronic mail" under the Regulations and, as such, they should not be sent without the prior consent of the individual subscribers. Companies are therefore, not obliged to screen against TPS because they should already have established prior consent.
          If you are receiving SMS marketing and have not given prior permission, you can complain directly to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), whose details are under the 'Useful links' section on the left hand menu or for more details see the Guidance Notes which the Information Commissioner's Office have produced Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
          However registering your mobile number on the TPS will reduce the number of unsolicited voice sales and marketing calls you receive on your mobile
          Hope this helps Matey

Comment

Spot on - thanks.

I couldnt give a rats arse about marketing calls to be honest!!

If I REALLY want something that bad, I can do my own research!

Comment

Any update matey?
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Most of them have stopped. I kept saving their number in my phone, so when they called, I waited to get connected and then said good morning "whoever"

They soon got the hint I wasnt interested

Comment

Thread moved to Consumer Complaints....

Comment

Working...
                  X