GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Currys taken 2 payments - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Currys taken 2 payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currys taken 2 payments

In January, I was telling my hubby about one of those steam mops that were on offer in Currys for just £39, it was otherwise not far off £100, so a great saving.
    He popped into our local Currys and as they did not have on in stock they made on order on the computer and my hubby made the payment by Co op bank card, the steam mop was in a few days later and the payment was debited from our bank account on the 7th Jan.

Anyway today on checking online banking, I could see a further payment taken of £39 (Currys), this was actually debited today (Thurs 20th Feb), so with that my hubby taken down the details and popped over to Currys to explain about the extra payment they taken out. Finally the customer service rang head office and hubby could hear the lady from customer service saying "but he has proof", she then came back to hubby and said "sorry but this is system error".
    Surely this should not have happened and my feeling is that it was not system error but human error, my hubby said, our mortgage payments come out today where enough for that was left in the account to cover that, so yes it did go into the overdraft (authrised) but its not the point, if it wasnt for that we would have had a clear balance as hubby's pay day is tomorrow (Friday) so we cater for all bills in the following days of whats due to get paid.

However, they did said to hubby it will take a few days for the amount to be refunded back into our account.

Now, I deal with everything in writing and hubby dealt with his verbally, so should we cover our buts with this one and also email head office/ceo to make them aware of this matter and that we will be contacting further if payment is not in the account by 3 to 5 working days?

How do I know this will not happen again?

So annoyed, the fact that its almost 2 months on since they taken the payment out of the account which was then correct in January, but not for another to come out again!
    Last edited by di30; 20 February 2014, 22:55. Reason: To make a correction

Re: Currys taken 2 payments

This happened to me just before Christmas DI, but with Asda, I'd done an £80 shop on line and a week later they took the money again. Luckily I had enough money in my account to cover it. I was on the phone nearly all day trying to clear it up and in the end I phoned my bank and they sorted it out and refunded me.

Needless to say I no longer shop with Asda!
    ''You know nothing Jon Snow''

Comment

Why don't you call your hubby's bank to dispute the second debit card transaction as unauthorised (because that's the truth) and they must immediately refund the money to your account while it's investigated. I'd do that tonight so the funds are in your account in time for any other debits due out tomorrow.

Comment

I had an issue with Capital One when they took out more than they should via DD. They were actually really good about it and said they could refund but it would take 14 days or I could contact my bank and it would be refunded faster. I contacted my bank and it was refunded immediately and Capital One refunded my authorised bank charges of £3 - It was a principle thing that they should :-)

Comment

Thank you, he still in work but tell him to do it first thing.

Seems weird of the 44 calendar days between them debiting the double payment, would probably understand it more if it was just few days in between.,.,

Comment

It makes you wonder how many thousands of customers may have been victim of the "system error" of double charging but haven't noticed it. If you hadn't contacted Currys would they have ever refunded you?

I hope you get the money back in your account where it belongs tomorrow

Comment

Absolutely Plan B. x

LOL well I couldnt resist but to email CEO dept on behalf of hubby's permission and it looks like they on to it right away now, because it was directly sent to the local store, take a read (hubby is yet to contact them)......

Dear

I am terribly sorry to hear about the poor error on our part that you have had to suffer from, I would love to speak to you about it further on the phone to clarify our resolution.

Regards,

Currys PC World Cwmbran
              Incorporating:
              Currys, PC World, Knowhow, PC World Business, Phones 4 U

Tel : 01
              PCWB: 01
              FAX : 01
              P4U : 01

Comment

Could not get through, then hubby had to go to work, but left him an email, this time copied it as well to CEO, and its now arranged that hubby will be in touch with him (Duty Manager) tomorrow, as he confirmed he will be available.

Comment

Hubby rang him and the dutymanager said, the payment of the refund should be back in our account by Monday or Tuesday, and shall we leave it at that, hubby said "NO, this should not have happened, and you had debited a payment that was NOT authorised, and taken some of the money towards getting a tyre for our car and worked hard for" and mentioned that how do we know it wont happen again, as they obviously still hold our bank details, and its odd there was a 44 day gap when they suddenly take another payment!
                  Then he said to hubby", what can we do for you as a goodwill gesture"? hubby said as they caused undue distress and inconvenience some redress towards a cost of a new tyre.

He supposed to get back, so I have emailed on hubby's behalf of the conversation they have had and copied it to their CEO.

Comment

Hubby decided to call in the store, my bro in law went along with him as to back him up.

I was talking to hubby and said I really dont think they will compensate further redress for a tyre for the car, but more possible a credit note for the store, so i said my kettle is on its way out, and shown him a nice one for the value of £50 rapid boil, so he raised this up with the duty manager at store, and the guy said he sent an email to head office and hubby should get a call within 24 hours.

So again have emailed this to have it on records and copied in the CEO, however by email did ask if he could forward us a copy of the email he sent head office for our records or in case we need to contact if required, he emailed back to say as it was an external email its for their use only....

So lets see what happen within 24 hours.

Well the way I see if they did take out money that hubby worked overtime for to get at least one tyre on the car.

Comment

Well they did ring back and was told to choose something in store, so I now a new Russell Hobbs Kettle 1.8L and Rusell Hobbs 4 Slice toaster, stainless steel/grey, and money to be refunded by Monday or Tuesday.

Resolved and happy.com

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                        Well they did ring back and was told to choose something in store, so I now a new Russell Hobbs Kettle 1.8L and Rusell Hobbs 4 Slice toaster, stainless steel/grey, and money to be refunded by Monday or Tuesday.

Resolved and happy.com

Breakfast at yours tomorrow then........
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                          Breakfast at yours tomorrow then........
                          Tea and Toast is it lol lol! x

Comment

Good result Di
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you all xx

Comment

Working...
                              X