GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Triton Shower, 2 year guarantee rights. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Triton Shower, 2 year guarantee rights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triton Shower, 2 year guarantee rights.

The last few days we have been losing pressure from our electric shower (Triton Ivory 4 at 9.5kw), basically we had to increase the number from the usual 3 to now 6 to get a warm shower but the higher you have it the less water pressure, so its practically just trickling!

We had it tested with a gauge and one of those elements have failed on the inside of the shower which is what you call the heater (tank), so despite my hubby putting the receipt too safe, we still have the box from when we purchased it which was 12 July 2012. We note it states an automatic 2 year guarantee within reason etc, so as its been less than 2 years I believe we have the right to get the part sent to get this right again.

Now, the item was purchased from "Homebase" which the local one closed down a few months ago, and I understand for the guarantee we have to contact Triton direct.
    With not being able to find the receipt, there are details on the shower box that it came in of our names and the date of purchase and collection number (as it was reserved for us to collect) as well as the order number. So would a bank statement do? (as it will have details of the date and the name of the business of where we purchased it etc)?

If I'm not able to find it and have the exact date, we only require the one statement, does anyone know if our Co op bank will charge for just the one statements or not?

Cheers.

Re: Triton Shower, 2 year guarantee rights.

If you have all the details on the box - date etc, and you have a bank statement, that will suffice under SoGA. You do not HAVE to have the receipt as proof of purchase.

You might be able to get a copy of the statement on online banking.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Contact customer care 0844 980 0745.They will send an engineer out to fix or replace it FOC. You can also go to their web site and fill in an online form. Heater elements are normally soldered in and are not replaceable. Should be able to find serial number on the box or inside the unit. Triton after sales service is one of the best I have come across!

Comment

Thank you all so much.

We have tried ringing and they are closed until 2nd Jan, so will complete the online form.

I have tried going back online banking but somehow it does not allow me to go back that far, and said anything beyond that date to contact the bank, I am with Co op.

I shall keep you posted, again thank you so much.

Comment

Didnt have to go to the Manufacturer "Triton", Homebase are sending us a gift card to get it replaced with a new shower, all they done was check records by using direct debit details.
          Great outcome

Comment

Definitely a great outcome Di
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
            X