GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Merchant Rentals!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merchant Rentals!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merchant Rentals!!

Hi

My husband signed up may 2008 with streamline
    and merchant rentals lease the machine to us.
    The rep at the time had to do it all in a rush, she
    got us to sign ( our fault) didn't even realise
    it was for 4 years. We had 3 units, we closed
    2 three years ago. When we closed them we were
    told we were locked in for 4 years so we carried
    On paying the rental. We changed in August
    2012 thinking the 4 years were up. My new
    supplier cancelled the agreement with them.
    We have now had calls from Merchant Rentals
    saying that my husband has to write and cancel
    and that as we didn't cancel before its a rolling
    contract and we have to pay!!
    I explained that my husband is no longer in the
    Business due to health problems , and they say
    That he has to cancel and has to pay. I have told
    Them be no longer earns anything which is true.
    Surely this rolling contract is wrong and they
    are complete con artists?Im sure there are many
    Others like us going through this . I can't find the
    Paperwork he signed, but as he's no longer involved
    What can you advise??

Re: Merchant Rentals!!

Luckly for me, i was able to get an account direct with Streamline and never had any of these issues, infact they still sent me statements now.

I did include their rental in my bankruptcy, and that was the end of it.

12 months notice is a bit of a joke if you ask me, no one knows what their situation will be 12 months early.

Why pay for something that isnt being used, its a joke.

I had the same issue with a company i rented a shop alarm system from.

Sales guy told me i could cancel at anytime, which was bollox, they wanted 12 months notice, i asked them what they would do if i didnt pay, and they said, we will remove our equipment, to which i replied, well guess you better send the boys down then lol
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
      Luckly for me, i was able to get an account direct with Streamline and never had any of these issues, infact they still sent me statements now.

12 months notice is a bit of a joke if you ask me, no one knows what their situation will be 12 months early.

Sales guy told me i could cancel at anytime, which was bollox, they wanted 12 months notice, i asked them what they would do if i didnt pay, and they said, we will remove our equipment, to which i replied, well guess you better send the boys down then lol
      hi dolly
      yet another that has been conned by merchant rentals funny enough the rep that did our application was in a rush too, also as we were a small shop and we were busy as it was christmas peak time when we signed , yes you are right its a very unfair contract. If you look at the OFT recent investigation into gym memberships, the OFT was very critical of contracts that locked consumers in for a disproportionate amount of time. The OFT took the view that such an approach would be unfair.Why not write to them stating this to see if they will budge and cancel this contract just beware we never got a default notice or termination notice even though it is covered by the cca 1974 and they have now got a ccj against my partner and the bill has gone from 430.00 to 1200.00 with bailiff fees on top hope this helps
      ALWAYS SMILE NO MATTER HOW BROKEN YOU ARE

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post

our account was with streamline but merchant rentals supplied the terminal and chip and pin machine
        ALWAYS SMILE NO MATTER HOW BROKEN YOU ARE

Comment

Working...
        X