GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Ziinga.com - con artists - get a chargeback - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ziinga.com - con artists - get a chargeback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ziinga.com - con artists - get a chargeback

I recently got ripped off by these thieves. I have now started to get my own back by making as many people as possible aware of their activities. The start was a complain to Dorset Trading Standards. See the PDF file.

I urge anyone who has fallen victim to these con artists to start the ball rolling by making a complaint to their own trading standards authority as soon as possible and to try and get the money that has been stolen from them back. I paid them by Visa Debit, so I am now going through the process of getting a chargeback: http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/

http://freepdfhosting.com/bd25d59226.pdf

Re: Ziinga.com - con artists - get a chargeback

Those buggers are quite notorious - link.

On that link, someone has alleged that the pseudo-auction scamsters might also use your card details on Internet gambling sites.

One may be astonished that no action seems to have been taken against them by Visa.

Comment

Dorset Trading Standards are now looking into this and I have reported the fraud to my bank who I'm fairly sure are going to get the money back for me once I've completed the necessary forms.

Comment

Good.

I hope you can get the buggers closed down.

Comment

This is the response from Dorset Trading Standards:

Dear Mr Bassett

I have received your complaint regarding http://www.ziinga.com and thank you for passing it on to us.

Having looked into this company it appears that they are using addresses based in the British Virgin Islands and they may also have links to Malta. As such it is very hard for us to be able to take any action into the way that they conduct their business as we do not have any jurisdiction in either of these locations.

However, I will be reporting the matter to the Office of Fair Trading and I will be in contact if they need any further information.

With regards to the money taken from your account, I suggest that you contact your bank and inform them that you signed up for this 7-day free trial and show them the evidence of this and ask for 'chargeback'. If you look for this on the internet then there are explanations of how this works and also letters that you can complete to send to your bank stating that you did not receive the goods that were ordered, and you cancelled within the 7 day time frame so the money has been taken fraudulently.

I wish you well in your course of action and shall contact you in the future if I need any further details.

Regards

XXX
          Trading Standards Enforcement Officer
          Colliton Annexe
          Colliton Park
          Dorchester
          DT1 1XJ

Comment

This is the problem with many of this scam sites, they operate outside of UK which makes it very hard for the average consumer to take action.

The Government needs to legislate against this practice but they wont as it goes against there capitalism ethos.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
              This is the problem with many of this scam sites, they operate outside of UK which makes it very hard for the average consumer to take action.

The Government needs to legislate against this practice but they wont as it goes against there capitalism ethos.
              Apart from what you suppose to be the ethos of the current kakistocracy, how exactly do you suppose an English (or Scots) Court might take effective action against a company registered in the Virgin Isles, trading through Malta and whose website is hosted in New York?

Which coastline should the gunboats start shelling first?

Comment

What the OFT needs to do is to get those buggers prosecuted for fraud along with Visa and Mastercard which companies, having facilitated the alleged fraud by ziinga.com and/or Auction Management Limited, could be considered to be abettors or accomplices to any such fraud.

Comment

Well Ziinga threaten court action against anyone who has the temerity to get a chargeback when their money has been stolen. I hope they take me to court, I really do.

Comment

Working...
                  X