GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cameron and Co are Nutters - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cameron and Co are Nutters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cameron and Co are Nutters

Greetings All,

Well woke up this morning had a cup of tea and then opened up the paper to I think and very shocking story to us citizens that are already under emence pressure.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politic...5875-23262593/

Yes you read it right he has plans to sell off everything except the armed services, police, and the court system.

That to me spells wholesale distruction as past history tells you that the private sector cannot be trusted with important services that joe public rely on.

Look at the energy market, look at our railways but a few indeed the private sector will have pound signs flashing across there eye balls.

The only people this will not affect as usual is the rich yes cameron and his bunch of merry men.

The time has come to fightback in our masses as only that will work and yes I will fight tooth and nail to see that our NHS does not go this same fate.

Regards

Re: Cameron and Co are Nutters

Hi PF!

I've read a little around this to try to get a balanced view. This quotation from elsewhere worries me:

He continues: "So let me tell you what our change looks like: It's about ending the old big-government, top-down way of running public services, releasing the grip of state control and putting power in people's hands.
    "The old dogma that said Whitehall knows best - it's gone. There will be more freedom, more choice and more local control. Ours is a vision of open public services."
    The proposals would allow service providers to make profits in some areas like getting people off benefits and into work, but not in others such as health care.
    Only two areas are exempt - national security and the judiciary.

In what way will selling off major public services put power in people's hands. It will surely only put power in the hands of the company that bids successfully and probably is not local. It may well be Capita!

I don't think many disagree that public services need reform. The fact my brother, as a senior civil servant gets paid over £150000 per year is disgraceful. Nothing against my brother, but he is not worth that. Many people would and do do the same level of work for a fraction of that salary.

One has to say if this goes ahead, it's a very worrying state of affairs. What worries me especially is that the companies that tender for the contracts may not even be British and soon we could live in a so called emocracy run on the whole by other countries. That, to me, does not appear very democratic.

Comment

Re: Cameron and Co are Nutters

Nowt to do with democracy, it's all about profit. Cameron and his financier friends can't bear the sight of all those assets and resources held in public hands.

This is nothing more than what the IMF and World Bank have been imposing on third world countries for decades. You want a loan to help with your existing loan repayments? Then open up your public utilities and services to international finance.

Capitalism demands they be liberated!

Comment

Working...
      X