GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fun and Games at Currys - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun and Games at Currys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun and Games at Currys

Just wanted to share my really bad expierence with Currys.

couple of weeks ago i treated myself to a samsung 40 inch full hd 3d tv from currys.

this model was end of the line so my local shop was the only one with 1 left.

I had it for 11 days, when it developed a fault so i took it back for an exchange or refund.

Every other tv that matched the same spec was either out of stock or to expensive.

So i settled for one to be delivered to the store and the guy said theres a charge for delivery.

I asked him if he could make the delivery charge free as i had only had the tv for 11 days before it developed a fault and as you have non of them left im forced to exchange it for something else.

He said, he couldnt take the price of the delivery off because his manager wouldnt allow it.

So i said, ok, id pay for delivery if he could accept a discount on a higher priced tv. again he said he couldnt do it.

I ended up getting a full refund which took 30 minutes because another guy had to ring samsung direct and aprove it.

Ironically i walked in to PC World, who are part of the same group, got a newer version for the same price, and the person who sold me it, knew everything about led tv's and was only to happy to explain why the fault happend.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Fun and Games at Currys

I have found this that some assistants are too afraid to liaise with the store manager that is wrong and as they have found out has cost them a lost sale.

Comment

Its because they get hourly daily weekly and monthly targets which any refunds go as a negative towards each of those targets.

When i was at comet i had a week off and when i came back found out that there had been a refund done that i would have been able to come to a compromise with the customer.

That left me on Minus sales for that week which is a shitter if im honest
      I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
        I ended up getting a full refund which took 30 minutes because another guy had to ring samsung direct and aprove it.
        Thats complete bovine excrement and the sort of poor training and lack of understanding of consumer law of their staff that drops Currys in the cack (and regular appearances on Watchdog).

They did NOT need Samsungs approval to issue you a full refund.

It is the RETAILERS responsibility to put things right, not the manufacturer.

If the product develops a fault and is returned within a reasonable time (and I don't think you would have any trouble arguing 11 days is not a reasonable time for a TV to develop a fault) then you can return to the retailer, reject the goods and get your money back. The retailer can offer a repair or replacement, but if you are still within the 'reasonable time' then you can reject this offer.

Whichever, Samsung have nothing to do with this.

Yet another tactic designed to hoodwink customers and allow the retailer to shirk their responsibilities.

SnV
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
          So i settled for one to be delivered to the store and the guy said theres a charge for delivery.
          This is garbage too. Quote from the OFT website on retailers responsibilities:

"Any refund, repair or replacement you arrange with your customer relating to faulty goods must not cause them too much inconvenience and you will have to pay for other costs, for example, collection or delivery."
          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

pcworld and currys CAN cross sell/exchange goods etc NOW (for the last 2 or so years)......doesn't effect there budget (IT DID ONCE UPON A TIME)

X-Pcworld 12 years go.....!!

Sales asssitant 'plonker' -
            Quick & simple: Q: Can i speak to the manager

(apart from that, why would you pay for delivery, its not your problem as its under warranty being 6 years on eletrical tv goods fit for purpose - unless you were sold the tv with the fault explained at time of its sale)

Comment

PC World & Currys DSGi international - has just published 8% up on sales this year profit......someone keep on offering to pay delivery charges or despite the fact that sold off Italy, Poland?, Etc 'PC City' chains

Comment

All interesting facts, to be honest, if id known i could have argued it, but i was at the point by then where i felt they didnt deserve my money and left.

I know i went to PC World, but the sales guy there, was very helpful and so i decided to spend my money with them again.

If the stores hadnt been next to each other, i prob would have bought online instead.

Comment

Working...
                X