GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Does anyone else feel like opting out of 'life' - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else feel like opting out of 'life'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else feel like opting out of 'life'

I'm going to put this here because I'm not too sure where it should go so I won't be shocked if it ends up elsewhere.

What i mean by life is not just the consumerism of society but the knock on effects this has on things like the environment.

For instance some carrier bags are not biodegradable but will break down into little bits because the plastic contains 'brittling agents'. unfortunately these agents contain nasties like lead or zinc and eventually end up polluting our rivers. so to look good businesses throw money at cleaning the rivers instead of choosing biodegradeable bags in the first place.

It's as though everyone is out for themselves and stuff everyone and everything else regardless of the damage.

I just want to shout "Stop the World I want to get off!"

Does that make sense to anyone else?

Re: Does anyone else feel like opting out of 'life'

Yes, i know exactly what you mean!!!! There are certain things that are so ingrained in society that i just don't join in with, such as drinking alcohol or keeping up with the Jones family! Sometimes i find life too fast paced for me (i have health problems) so a couple of years ago i did holler 'stop the world i want to get off' and slowed down to MY pace.

I hope some of that makes sense too

Comment

Yes it does confused.

I dream of living in an eco house which I've built, growing my own food and being as light on the environment as possible.

The Governments idea of nuclear energy is a great worry as well.

I think i need to find a demonstration to join

Comment

Originally posted by mrs bucket View Post
        Yes it does confused.

I dream of living in an eco house which I've built, growing my own food and being as light on the environment as possible.

The Governments idea of nuclear energy is a great worry as well.

I think i need to find a demonstration to join
        In an ideal world eh!

Sounds like it's something that is really bugging you...i can see you with a placard outside parliament

Comment

Lol yep, i'll be the mentalist one with ecofeminist on my tee-shirt

I think I need to have a rest from the world of business what I need to do is find a credible way of making renewable energy available to more people like the community heating schemes. (I am currently doing a degree with the OU so it sounds more potty than it is)

It's more than that though, it's the way people are treated these days, even basic needs like having enough food to eat.

It's sticking in my throat a bit atm.

Comment

Comment

That's the problem! I felt really twitchy turning 40 and a yeart on there's been little improvement.

Fab charity, I usually watch some of the repeats on Sunday mornings and I have a colleague in work whom I have nick-named Margo

Comment

Working...
              X