GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script [CLOSED] - Continues in AAD+ Marlin Europe V Limited ( Mortimer Clarke Solicitors ) v thetinman - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[CLOSED] - Continues in AAD+ Marlin Europe V Limited ( Mortimer Clarke Solicitors ) v thetinman

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CLOSED] - Continues in AAD+ Marlin Europe V Limited ( Mortimer Clarke Solicitors ) v thetinman

Your AAD Forum Username

thetinman

Name of Claimant

Marlin Europe V Limited

Name of Claimant's Solicitors

Mortimer Clarke Solicitors

Claim Issue Date

22 February 2017

Who Signed the Claim Form?

The Solicitor Firm (i.e. Joe Blogs Solicitor)

How much is being Claimed?

Over £10,000

Have you Submitted the AoS Response?

No

If Yes, when was the AoS Submitted

-

Details of Claim

northern rock

Type of account (loan)

Date commenced. 2004

Date last paid. sept: 2013

paying £1 token payment stopped in 2013

Status (in arrears)

Account owner. northern rock

got this over the internet in 2004, they sent me a agreement in 2004 which I signed and it is the only original agreement I have a copy of which I kept for some sad reason, dont think its worth a cca check.

Nov:2013 debt sold letter, Marlin europe v limited new owners.
    Dec 2013: sent cca request
    Jan 2014: recevied cca, niddy says unenforceable, because there are no prescribed terms on the agreement.
    Feb 2014: letter from marlin, referring to mortimer clarke solicitors to review and determine if legal action should commence.
    feb 2014: sent them cca query missing prescribed terms.
    March 2015:marlin new name letter.
    Aug 2015: received same cca.
    Aug 2015: sent them cca query missing prescribed terms again.
    Sept 2015: received same cca sent to niddy to check. niddy says unenforceable.
    Oct 2015: received letter saying account to be reviewed to see whether we should commence legal action.
    Dec 2015: received letter from Mc solicitors saying make payment arrangements within 14 days or they will start court action.
    Dec 2015: sent solicitors letter before action.
    Dec 2015: received letter from Mc solicitors action on hold while they request documentation from there client.
    Nov 2016: I received a letter from mc solicitors saying we have reviewed the file ( after 12 months ) and sent me a set of copy documents ( same as last year ), credit agreement, terms & conditions, statement of account, notice of assignment, saying that there client feels that this satisfy the cca request made last year, and is clear evidence i am liable for the outstanding debt, they go on to say i have 14 days to put forward repayment proposals, and if i do not give a responce our client has instructed us to apply for a county court cliam.

Re: Marlin Europe V Limited ( Mortimer Clarke Solicitors ) v thetinman - Issued 22 February 2017

can I transfer this to the protected section please, any help with the claim would be most welcome, first one I have ever had.

Comment

Re: Marlin Europe V Limited ( Mortimer Clarke Solicitors ) v thetinman - Issued 22 February 2017

Originally posted by thetinman View Post
      first one I have ever had.
      There's always a first time for everything

You were told the CCA was unenforceable in 2014 so no need to fret just yet.

You've kept a good Diary post so that's useful.

Di

Comment

Send me an email with the claim form please.

Thanks
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Have sent claim form to your webmaster email address hope that was right.

Comment

Have just replied.

Ill copy thread to protected section later for you.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

thank you, should I do an AoS response by mail or internet.

Comment

Now with Jo (solicitor). You're in safe hands.

Have emailed you and sent you Jo's email address too. Good luck

Comment

thank you, should I do an AoS response by mail or internet.
                  Nothing till Jo or planB (Di) tells you to. They'll be in touch soon enough.

Comment

thank you

Comment

Have sent claim form to your webmaster email address hope that was right.
                      Yep

Looking back at your UE Diary thread I see you also sent a SAR to Northern Rock (now NRAM) so dig that out as well as your CCA Request to Marlin in 2013/14 and their responses (more than one!). The Devil is always in the detail.

Posted 4th December 2015

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                      Ive gone back to your original post on this NR £25k loan and I can see you've kept the original signed CCA following an online application. From what you've subsequently posted it seems that Marlin say they don't have the original so have sent you a recon.

Why not email both the original CCA and the recon CCA to Niddy using webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk and a copy to me using PlanBXXXXXXXXXXXXX to see how/if they differ.

Marlin may not have the original in their possession but I wonder whether they could get hold of it if they tried harder so let's compare the two now to help you see how strong your position is for the future.

Your SAR from NR will let you know whether they have got the original but that can take 40 days to get a response.

Plan B x
                      Di

Comment

ok plan B will get the folder out tomorrow and start digging thanks for your help.

Comment

should I do an AoS response by mail or internet.

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Nothing till Jo or planB (Di) tells you to. They'll be in touch soon enough.

Have you checked your emails this weekend?

Di

Comment

yes I have checked emails nothing yet.

Comment

I have checked emails nothing yet.
                              Check your Junk Mail folder (I got a successful delivery receipt) and check your PMs.

Di

Comment

Working...
                              X