GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MKDP LLP ( XXXXXXXXXXX ) v clastewart - Issued 12 January 2015 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MKDP LLP ( XXXXXXXXXXX ) v clastewart - Issued 12 January 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MKDP LLP ( XXXXXXXXXXX ) v clastewart - Issued 12 January 2015

Your AAD Forum Username

clastewart

Name of Claimant

MKDP LLP (Fast Track)

Name of Claimant's Solicitors

MKDP LLP

Claim Issue Date

12 January 2015

Who Signed the Claim Form?

The Solicitor Firm (MKDP LLP)

How much is being Claimed?

Over £10,000

Have you Submitted the AoS Response?

Yes

If Yes, when was the AoS Submitted

15 January 2015

Details of Claim

The Claimant claims the sum if £10,367.31 being monies due from the Defendant to the Claimant under a regulated agreement originally between the Defendant and Barclaycard. The Defendant's account number was xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx and was assigned to the Claimant on 22/03/2011, notice of this has been provided to the Defendant. The Defendant has failed to make payments in accordance with the terms of the agreement and a default notice has been served pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant claims the sum of £10,367.31 and costs. The Claimant has complied, as far as is necessary, with the pre-action conduct practice direction.
    Last edited by clastewart; 4 February 2015, 23:19.

Re: MKDP LLP ( XXXXXXXXXXX ) v clastewart - Issued 12 January 2015

This has been referred to our Preferred Solicitor - no action necessary (there are two claims from the same creditor).

Smaller claim is here --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...-December-2014

We have asked solicitor to try and bundle the claims together into one bigger claim.... CFA hopefully
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Diary dates for reference:
      Claim Issued: 12.01.2015
      AOS: Done
      Defence due: 13.02.2015

Comment

Hi,

Letter from MKDP dated 30th January stipulating, (following my CCA and CPR request) that they need up to 8 Weeks to contact the original lender to acquire the documents that I have requested. In that time they won't enter into Judgement or any applications against me.

The court advised me to send a copy of this letter along with a letter saying that I have until the 27th March to submit my defence? I did this on the 02.02.15.

John is looking into seeing if he can take this on, on a CFA. hope so??
        Last edited by clastewart; 5 February 2015, 19:18.

Comment

Originally posted by clastewart View Post
          Hi,

Letter from MKDP dated 30th January stipulating, (following my CCA and CPR request) that they need up to 8 Weeks to contact the original lender to acquire the documents that I have requested. In that time they won't enter into Judgement or any applications against me.

The court advised me to send a copy of this letter along with a letter saying that I have until the 27th March to submit my defence? I did this on the 02.02.15.

John is looking into seeing if he can take this on, on a CFA. hope so??
          Hi clastewart

Having had previous experience with MK, I just wondered how this is going?

Comment

Me too

Is everything on track Clastewart, did your defence go in?

Comment

Letter from MKDP dated 30th January stipulating, (following my CCA and CPR request) that they need up to 8 Weeks to contact the original lender to acquire the documents that I
              I may be old fashioned, but I would have expected the cheeky buggers to have obtained those documents before they started the claim.

If they cannot provide even a credible, reconstituted "twue copy" of the agreement, section 78(6) of the CCA should prevent them getting a CCJ in their favour.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                I may be old fashioned, but I would have expected the cheeky buggers to have obtained those documents before they started the claim.

If they cannot provide even a credible, reconstituted "twue copy" of the agreement, section 78(6) of the CCA should prevent them getting a CCJ in their favour.
                I agree Cloggy.

Clastewart can you give us an update on how things are going please.

Plan B xx

Comment

HI All,

Sorry for the delay haven't logged on for a while, had a few other things to deal with. My defence was submitted on the 13th March by my solicitor. MKDP produced a recon CCA document 10 days or so before defence was due. On their covering letter they put the other account number (for my other claim) and also put two different addresses in the terms and conditions and a different one from 18 odd years ago on the agreement page, no signature and illegible. They have not produced the said documents which they stated on my court claim form, i.e. the default notice, notice of assignment. My solicitor has also submitted an application to the court for disclosure of the outstanding documents. Its all a waiting game now!!!

Hope this helps
                  clastewart xx

Comment

Thanks for the update - is MSB helping with this now then, as per our referral?
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes he is and is doing a great job. Thank you

Comment

Yes he is and is doing a great job. Thank you
                        awesome thanks

Comment

Excellent, thanks for the update Clastewart

Comment

Sorry for the delay haven't logged on for a while, had a few other things to deal with. My defence was submitted on the 13th March by my solicitor. MKDP produced a recon CCA document 10 days or so before defence was due. On their covering letter they put the other account number (for my other claim) and also put two different addresses in the terms and conditions and a different one from 18 odd years ago on the agreement page, no signature and illegible.
                            If the document is illegible, then MKDP has not complied with the request.

See Regulation 2 of the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983 - link

Comment

Hi Clastewart,
                              How's it going? Could you update us on both your claims?

Elsa x

Comment

Working...
                              X