GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCJ from orange - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCJ from orange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ from orange

I had a contract with orange which I gave them the 30 days notice for and left. This was nearly three years ago I have now just received a ccj for £152.60 with a total amount of £236.97.Not sure where I stand with them

Re: CCJ from orange

When you say you have received a CCJ, do you mean that a claim has been issued, and you have received the claim form?

Or do you mean that a claim has been issued, which has now been awarded to Orange, and you have received a judgement against you?
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ive recieved a claim form

Comment

What sort of contract was it? How long was there left to run on the contract when you cancelled?
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

2 year contract and the 2 year period was complete the claim states i failed to maintain contractual payments required under the terms of the account agreement

Comment

sorry it was a mobile phone contract

Comment

Thanks. I was wondering if it was a 30 day rolling contract or a 18/24 month contract. Have you still got the paperwork from when the contract started? Are you certain of the dates?

Comment

i dont have any paperwork anymore as ive moved house

Comment

That makes things more difficult. Have you any bank statements from that period or have you disposed of those too?

Comment

Send the claim form to Never-In-Doubt (known as Niddy) to webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk. Put your user name in the subject line and, if you can, add a link to this thread. If you can't add a link then give him a brief synopsis. Don't block out any of the info including your name and address.

I think the way here may be to say that you'll defend the claim and send a Subject Access Request to Orange so that we can be sure of the dates. Don't do anything for now other than send the claim form to Niddy.

EDIT: How long ago did you move house and did you get the claim form at your new address?

Comment

Originally posted by xcharlx View Post
                      I had a contract with orange which I gave them the 30 days notice for and left. This was nearly three years ago I have now just received a ccj
                      What is the claim Issue Date? It'll be on the top right of the front page of the summons you received.

You have 19 days from that date to file your Acknowledgement of Service to prevent the Claimant getting a Default Judgment (CCJ) against you.

When you gave Orange notice to cancel your contract, was that in writing?

As Pixie says if you send a Subject Access Request to Orange you'll get the full history of the account which should include the Transaction Log and/or Phone Log so the date you gave notice should be there even if it was over the phone (although the Ts & Cs probably say notice must be given "in writing").

When you left Orange did you port your number to a new mobile phone provider because that may help to establish that Orange would have known you'd cancelled your contract?

Who is the Claimant chasing you?

Di

Comment

Working...
                      X