GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script County Court Money Claims center - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

County Court Money Claims center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Money Claims center

Hi All,
    My son is in the Army and a few years ago purchased a car for his mum on a 3yr pcp
    but after about 12 months they stopped paying it and about 4 months later I got the car and
    arranged for it to be collected by the finance company.Now the finance company asked me
    for his details and I told them politely to go and jump and I told them he was no longer in the army
    and working overseas, they would not give me any figures as I was not him.

It seems they just sent letters and CCJ forms to his old address knowing he was not there
    and have now tracked him.

The car was sold (auction) and the outstanding debt is now what they want.

Today my son has been handed Compulsory Deduction letter from the Ármy and also a copy
    of the County Court Money claims form and a letter from the finance companies solicitor.

The army has given my son till 16th August to either challenge the decision or they will deduct
    £200 a month from his wages.

I have copies of the letters if anyone can advise.

Cheers

Nick

Re: County Court Money Claims center

How much is the debt? When is it from?

Can you email me and I'll pass to our solicitor for you if you want?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

did your son go through the proper procedures to hand the car back? Did he communicate with the finance company and explain the situation to them?

personally I've handed back a car like this and although I had to be on the finance company all the time, it was done and dusted quite quickly, the main problem here seems to be what was done by your son and what wasn't

can you give us an accurate timeline?

Comment

if he has no case then deductions will be made - non payment of the agreement and a CCJ sees to that!

they have obviously tracked him thru employment on application form details, and stating he was no longer in the Army (easy to say in response) triggered no doubt a question mark easily tracked in this day and age.

had similar years ago I was put down as Guarantor - but knew nothing about it - just sent letter to Chief Clerk of the Unit and they sorted it out thru deductions
        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 27 July 2016, 09:22.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I myself got a parking ticket on yellow lines in Barny Castle back in the Mid 60s (Note:- the new parking yellow line law just introduced), late night after Pub & went into a fish & chip restaurant, had parked between 2 parked cars on hill whilst eating with mates local copper came in said to me you are parked on Double yellow lines @ 11.10p.m. ah! come outside, outside he showed me these new yellow lines and my front wheel was just outside of it and the remaining car on lines, the other cars had gone. - his comment was congratulations you are the very 1st in this Town to get a ticket (it was sent to the unit and they paid it and deducted it from my weeks wages) it left me with £2.46 pence wages for that week!
          Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 29 July 2016, 10:01.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi All,
            Thanks for your replies (rapid), I have just sent the forms via email to NIDDY.

To answer some of your questions.

The amount is £6000, the CCJ is from August 2015, A letter went to his grans house from a recovery
            company asking where the car was, I got the letter and arranged for it to be collected from me.
            It seems the car was sold at Auction and then the balance plus fee's is what is owed.

My concern is £200 a month will p!ss him off big time, after all he was doing him mum a favour (I did
            advise against this) I just want to make sure that all procedures have been followed and the fact
            they gave the Army all the finance info is not a breach of the consumer credit act?.

Cheers

Nick

Comment

I have now passed through to Jo - try not to worry, she'll be in touch no doubt
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by nick0 View Post
                The amount is £6000, the CCJ is from August 2015, A letter went to his grans house from a recovery
                company asking where the car was, I got the letter and arranged for it to be collected from me.
                It seems the car was sold at Auction and then the balance plus fee's is what is owed.
                When did your son first know about the CCJ and how did he find out about it?

Would/should the creditor have known he had moved from the address where the summons was served?

Did your son know that you had arranged for the recovery company to collect the car?

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                  When did your son first know about the CCJ and how did he find out about it?

Would/should the creditor have known he had moved from the address where the summons was served?

Did your son know that you had arranged for the recovery company to collect the car?

Plan B x

Hi Plan B, The first he new of the CCJ was when the officer in the Army showed him the paperwork yesterday morning.

I informed the finance company that he had moved abroad(via phone call), I arranged for the car to be collected without him knowing.

Just to add the letter that ive given to Jo from there solicitors clearly states that he is in the Army and he was based in "Kenya" so they
                  knew he was not in the UK.

Cheers
                  Nick
                  Last edited by nick0; 28 July 2016, 08:36.

Comment

Have you heard from Jo yet?

Comment

Hi NIDDY,

Nothing yet, my son had a meeting with his boss and I told him to say he was challenging it.
                      Gives him a bit more time with the Army.

Nick

Comment

Hi,
                        Just to add, The car was on a 4yr scheme, he paid one year at £230 pm so technically left
                        3yrs to pay off the FULL (contract) amount as the car went back signed by me in MINT condition.

Nick
                        Last edited by nick0; 10 August 2016, 07:17.

Comment

Hi All,

Still no news from solicitor and the Army are asking my son for a statement.

Any ideas?

Nick

Comment

Jo (the solicitor) is on holiday. I don't have a clue about car finance but I'll ask Niddy what he thinks your son should do.
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

I've emailed Jo. Sit tight.....

really sorry about the delay.

Comment

Working...
                              X