GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script smart phone apps that will save you money - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

smart phone apps that will save you money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smart phone apps that will save you money

Some smart phone apps that will save you money
    Cost 59p
    Available for iPhone, iPod touch or Android
    Stop paying more than you need on customer service lines with this app. Many companies will use 0870, 0800 or 0845 for customer service, which usually costs 35p per minute to call. This app will turn these numbers into 01 or 02 numbers, which will come out of your contracted minutes.

Click HERE to see more
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: smart phone apps that will save you money

there is a New FREE App on iTunes for the iPhone called '0800' - Uses your free minutes usage on your tariff

i've Download the App, launch App type the 0800 number in the keypad App and it dials a landline number (If unsure, cancel call and it will show you the number)of a Landline for you.
    example:
    Looked for random on internet, tried 0800 009 966 Age UK freephone directories turns it into: 0114 338 6516 and it worked
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

type on your iTunes Apps search on either the iPhone or iTunes App - 0870 - its 69p to download and it says you can use 0844, 0845, 0870 and 0800.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	1383454
      When using the App.......
      1. click on App on iPhone
      2. Keypad (like the normal keypad) launches
      3. type the number that you are going to dial
      4. it searches for a Landline number
      5. Dial
      6. No COST, uses your Free Mins tariff that you have

All for a cost of 69p

I've not used it yet, but has seen good reviews, i have used the -0800- App from iTunes, which is FREE to download and tried calling British Gas - works 100% saved a fortune 17 mins i was on phone to British Gas
      Last edited by 5corpio; 18 August 2011, 18:35.

Comment

Daft question, but is there an easy way to search for apps on the marketplace rather than scroll through them all?

Also, is it possible to eliminate the foreign ones? - I cant read japanese for instance!

Just got myself a Galaxy Ace, so faffing about with that. Angry birds is more addictive than I thought - that and the fact I cant get past the third stage.

Comment

Say No to 0870 is also pretty good. If there is an alternative, it will list it for you, and that one is free.

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
            Say No to 0870 is also pretty good. If there is an alternative, it will list it for you, and that one is free.
            I use that a lot (don't have a smart phone anyway.)

I only have a mobile now which means I get charged for 'free' 0800 calls. I came across 0800 buster where calls to 0800, 0808 and 0500 numbers are taken from your inclusive minutes.

The website says 'promoted on GMTV by Martin Lewis from MoneySavingExpert.com' but, as it's saving me money, I'll forgive them!
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
              Daft question, but is there an easy way to search for apps on the marketplace rather than scroll through them all?
              Also, is it possible to eliminate the foreign ones? - I cant read japanese for instance!
              Just got myself a Galaxy Ace, so faffing about with that. Angry birds is more addictive than I thought - that and the fact I cant get past the third stage.
              Hi Oscar

Just type the phrase in the search engine.......

Comment

having switched from Apple to Android i have been using 0800 Wizard for the last 2 years (it uses Data or Wi-Fi connection) FREE to use as it converts your 0800 & 0808 numbers into landline 01/03/02 (Which in return uses your free minutes usuage). They HAVE just announced that they pay you back with a rewards scheme when using there service, Even in this day where 0800 is NOW FREE from mobiles as from July 2015, If you still use the App, it actually rewards you with ££ to you. http://www.wizardapps.co.uk/0800wizard

Comment

Working...
                X