GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Damaged Phone in Middle of Contract - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damaged Phone in Middle of Contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damaged Phone in Middle of Contract

Hi,

Long story short, my phone had an accident today and is currently in several bits. To paraphrase Monty Python, "bereft of life, it is an ex Samsung Galaxy."

I am currently only claiming ESA, so therefore don't have much money. Also, I am bankrupt, so my credit rating is the least of my worries.

The helpful lady in the Orange call centre (who I kind of feel sorry for), told me that a replacement phone would be £285. There is no chance I can afford that. So, I am phoneless for the forseeable future.

However, I also have a year still on my contract. Since I am only on ESA, I am not a massive fan of paying £30 a month on something I can't use.

So, would any of you kind people suggest anything?

Thanks

Re: Damaged Phone in Middle of Contract

Well if you're BR you don't want to mess around defaulting (6yrs)....

Did you have insurance; do you have personal possession cover on home policy?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Well if you're BR you don't want to mess around defaulting (6yrs)....

Did you have insurance; do you have personal possession cover on home policy?
      I've got a friend who may be able to lend me a phone, so if he can do that, then it's kinda problem solved.

Sadly, I am not covered by insurance. I didn't take it out with me only being on ESA.

Should I just bite the bullet and keep making the payments, or is there anything else I can do?

Comment

I am sorry the phone is now 'deceased'

When did you go BR eugenespeed? When did you take out your phone contract, was it before or after BR?
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
          I am sorry the phone is now 'deceased'

When did you go BR eugenespeed? When did you take out your phone contract, was it before or after BR?
          I went BR December last year, got my contract July 2013. So about 5 months before.

I'm sorry, I love Python

Comment

Originally posted by eugenespeed View Post
            I went BR December last year, got my contract July 2013. So about 5 months before.

I'm sorry, I love Python

Don't be sorry, you made me laugh

Bear with me, I'm just checking with our BR Expert.......and I think......just think at the moment, but you should be able to put the contract with your phone company into your BR and not carry on paying your contract...
            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
              Don't be sorry, you made me laugh

Bear with me, I'm just checking with our BR Expert.......and I think......just think at the moment, but you should be able to put the contract with your phone company into your BR and not carry on paying your contract...
              Always happy to meet another Monty fan!

If you think right, that would be great. I'll wait to hear back from you.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X