GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script IOS 8.2 update problems - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IOS 8.2 update problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IOS 8.2 update problems

I have an iPad 2 64gb. I did the iOS 8 update and have had problems, so when the new one came out today I upgraded in hope of having a working machine. The machine was sluggish so I switched it off. It now won't restart, I either get a blank or Apple logo or a picture of iTunes and a cable. Naturally I haven't backed up all my photos etc.
    Can anyone please please please help before the machine goes flying?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: IOS 8.2 update problems

Plug in via PC and USB cable and revert to past back up. Good luck!

if you backed up AFTER installing iOS 8 then oops. Poppy did the same as she said her phone went sluggish. I always leave updates for a few months as I don't trust them myself!!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

It tells me that it can't do anything while in restore mode and won't take me out of this. It won't switch off
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hard reset? Press top and round front button at same time for ten seconds.....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

That put it in the restore mode that it won't leave!

Comment

Throw the bloody thing then!!

It'd appear you've turned it off pre-update (ie before completion) or it got corrupted so you need to plug it in to PC and access it via iTunes and either update the firmware to 8.1 or restore to previous version.

Regardless what state your iPad is at screen wise, utilising iTunes allows a force reset / update.

Comment

But that will lose all my photos etc that I have failed to back up

i I wanted to throw it but wasn't allowed to

ps it had updated!
              Last edited by cymruambyth; 20 October 2014, 22:24.

Comment

Well you might lose some photos but right now what do you have? Always backup your device (contacts & photos) to iCloud which means you login to iCloud anywhere to see / share the items you backed up.

Comment

Thanks I know! I had activated it on my phone and thought I had done it on my iPad.

Comment

Niddy you disappoint me! I thought you were going to be my knight in armour and save me! You can solve everything!!!!!!!! xxxx

Comment

I can't fix this lol - not if you've not backed up properly and your system has froze - you'll need to update via iTunes and see what happens.....

The other option is to register the ipad to a new laptop or PC (a friends / second in house?) and then revert to previous stage that worked then plug back into your machine and update via sync - that **might** work

Comment

Nightmare. After the update, i take it didnt boot back up correctly?
                        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

It was a bit sluggish so I switched it off to help it !

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                            so I switched it off to help it !
                            There's your problem

You will need to DFU to Restore by the sounds of it then (as I said last night) --> https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5269891

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                              It was a bit sluggish so I switched it off to help it !
                              ah...
                              When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Working...
                              X