GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Returns address for 3? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Returns address for 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returns address for 3?

Does anyone know the returns address to send an i-Pad back to 3?

My friend ordered one but has changed her mind and needs to send it back within the returns timescale....

Many thanks in advance
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Returns address for 3?

hi P1,

The only address i can see on their website (other than stores that is) is here although i would suggest your friend check the paperwork that came with it, or give them a call (also on that link) - should it be somewhere else and then the return doesn't meet the time scale.

Cheers
    SA
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
      hi P1,

The only address i can see on their website (other than stores that is) is here although i would suggest your friend check the paperwork that came with it, or give them a call (also on that link) - should it be somewhere else and then the return doesn't meet the time scale.

Cheers
      SA
      Thanks SA...

I'm pretty sure she's gonna run into problems with this one, as they should have enclosed a returns label (in my opinion)... but we will see. I can remember having a horrendous experience with Phones 4 U over a similar issue one time and this bunch look as if they operate in a similar fashion.
      Remember the mantra:

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
        and this bunch look as if they operate in a similar fashion.
        I fear you may be right. I didn't want to end the post on a negative, but i've been with them for years; never beaten on price, always found the service and coverage is good, but customer services - don't go there!
        I had so many calls from them when i was due an upgrade i wrote to them saying i only want to communicate in writing and they called me to say sorry!

Cheers
        SA
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

I've had my internet access with them via dongle for close on 3 years now and I've just recently moved to them for my phone after being with O2 since the year dot. I've found their customer service to be very helpful...though I doubt they're based in this country

I've just looked at my paperwork and on the back it has a section about returning a device so your friend should also have this. Just in case she hasn't, it says

If you bought your device from a retailer other than Three, you'll need to ask them about their returns policy.

If you bought your device through Three.co.uk or Three Telesales, you can do a "one time exchange" or return your device within 14 days from the day you received it, provided you haven't used it and it's in an "as new" condition. For the Three Telesales team you need to call 0843 373 333. If you bought from Three.co.uk please call the helpline on 0844 338 0330. If you bought an Apple device you can only do a "one time exchange" if...you haven't browsed the internet.

If you bought your device in a 3Store you should take it back to the one you bought it from. You'll be offered an exchange as long as you take it back within 7 days from the date you bought it, provided you haven't "used" it and it's in an "as new" condition. If you've bought an Apple device, and you've removed the cellophane wrapping we won't be able to exchange it.
          Hope this helps. This is for phones (though I've got a SIM only plan) and I know it refers to exchanges but it does mention Apple devices which, of course, the IPad is.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            I've had my internet access with them via dongle for close on 3 years now and I've just recently moved to them for my phone after being with O2 since the year dot. I've found their customer service to be very helpful...though I doubt they're based in this country

I've just looked at my paperwork and on the back it has a section about returning a device so your friend should also have this. Just in case she hasn't, it says

Hope this helps. This is for phones (though I've got a SIM only plan) and I know it refers to exchanges but it does mention Apple devices which, of course, the IPad is.
            Thanks Pixie.... I think she bought it directly from 3 and has told me she has 14 days to return it. Having said that, those 14 days are up on Monday so she'll need to get a wriggle on and return it tomorrow. I remember when I had my stand-off with Phones 4 U, where they argued that the item needed to be received by them on the 14th day... and proof of posting it back on the 14th day was not enough.

I got around it eventually (as you do... lol) but it was an almighty headache at the time, as the cheeky buggers kept sending the bloody device back to me. I felt like chucking it in the sea.... and my friend is of a similar temperament
            Remember the mantra:

Comment

Well... I gave my friend the return address and she made the mistake of calling them. The Indian call centre didn't go down too well and neither did their response that sending the device back would leave her liable for a termination charge.... which would amount to the entire cost of the 2 year contract. They then offered to send a return bag out but it would take 5 days. Sneaky... I thought.

So I advised her to pay to send it back via a trackable method and we would raise a complaint with one of their bigwigs further down the track re. cost of returning it, contract, etc, etc.... If she waited for the returnable bag, it would be too late.

That is why you don't ring them, I also said.... She then stomped off to the post office in a huff
              Remember the mantra:

Comment

Working...
              X