GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Microsoft Technical Support Scams - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft Technical Support Scams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Technical Support Scams

Just had a Guy on the phone tell me my computer was at risk....

The number he rang on was 001002.

After telling me that my computer was at risk, he then ask if it was switched on.

I said no.....But I can go get it and turn it on.....

Great he said..... I'll hold the line......

Might take a few minutes I said.....

15 minutes later he was still holding
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Microsoft Technical Support Scams

I know a few people who have had their machines screwed over by these feckers so when they called me i did the trick of call interference so every 30 seconds "sorry can repeat what you just said please". Eventually the tw@ts hung up on me.
    Last edited by SA Gold; 25 July 2013, 11:37.
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Seen this Deepie and we had a similar instance from some Indian in Bombay or the like telling me his name was David from Microsoft Support earlier in the year. Almost unintelligible. I was told there had been complaints about my computer. Told him to rack off in no uncertain terms. I did e-mail Microsoft UK Support and ask what the F*** was going on and what were they up to? Told by very rapid response that it was nothing to do with them, don't let the feckkers in to your system, report immediately if anything like this happened again. They ere tracing who was behind this scam as it was known to them and it was a global problem and their fraud people were into it.

For Microsoft I thought that was pretty good.

regards
      G

Comment

Oh ive had this call. I knew it was dodgy cos up until recently id never legally registered my windows licence LOL

i told him how can you be from microsoft regarding my PC when i run linux? he hung up.

Comment

I know this scam has been out a few years now, but still people get caught out....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...raudsters.html

Comment

Had the microsoft one now a few times....had a couple of good giggles with them especialy 3yr old talking to them about Mr Men & Little Misses

Comment

I used to play the "bring back the British Raj" game with them. 50 lashes a day and half a bowl of rice in return for 18hours hard labour and all that stuff. I juat cannot be bothered these days. However today's little effort from the Indian sub continent was that I have had an accident in my car last week and they can get the monies due to me. Data came from UK Surveys (whom I horribly racially abuse every time) but this one claimed to work for a legal institution ahh the Bar Council ? l l

Err!! No a Ministry of Justice Department that deals with Claims Management.
              Oh really that's interesting.
              What is the name of this Institution?
              Country Claims Management
              Oh dear another bunch of crooks on the block what is their licence number?
              Errr! You are committing offence if you do not answer my questions.
              Oh dear you have just won 10 years hard labour in a UK prison or I can arrange for you to serve 20 years in a foul climate like your own in Papua New Guinea at an Australian penal colony modelled on Devils Island.

Err! what do you mean Devils Island?

A place where they flog numbskulls like you to death for calling my TPS number! Now rack off.

Phone went down.

regards
              G

Comment

Had two calls within the last week, latest to-day from 001187823532. , nearly got caught last year with these fraudsters who eventually show a yanky site

Scammers

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                  Just had a Guy on the phone tell me my computer was at risk....

The number he rang on was 001002.

After telling me that my computer was at risk, he then ask if it was switched on.

I said no.....But I can go get it and turn it on.....

Great he said..... I'll hold the line......

Might take a few minutes I said.....

15 minutes later he was still holding
                  I had the same last week ......after keeping him on the phone ....acting thick .. cos I said I couldn't see the keys he was asking me to press....

I could tell he was getting annoyed ....anyway after 10 mins ...

I said to him ......I've got an i pad ....maybe that's why... I can't find the keys ....

He slammed the phone down on me ....

how rude

Comment

I told them we didn't have any windows as we live in a tent

Comment

I had on a while ago, kept him going a while, then asked if Macs ran windows. He said I didn't have a Mac, I said I did. He shouted "do not lie to me" and slammed the phone down

Comment

I saw a report that Microsoft have so many complaints about these companies who state microsoft and then take over computer and leave a bug behind, they are suing them.

Comment

Working...
                        X