GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Windows 8 Is Entirely Unusable - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 8 Is Entirely Unusable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Windows 8 Is Entirely Unusable

Niddy's link was to a 100% FREE version. No trial either. Nothing like that.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
      Niddy's link was to a 100% FREE version. No trial either. Nothing like that.
      Thats the plan
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Reason I said was because I downloaded from same link to replace trial of Nitro Pro 9 that came with this laptop and all I got was reader despite it saying Adobe X1 and not Adobe Reader as has been the case before

Comment

Another botched Windows update to avoid

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/12..._for_the_mess/
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
            Another botched Windows update to avoid

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/12..._for_the_mess/
            Last sentence is true

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
              Windows 10 technical preview has now trashed 3 new 500 gig hard drives. Can see them in Ubuntu, know that they are there but they will not spin up. Problem with latest build if you are using an old computer. Bios on new models will work. Mine won't. Tried hdparm to sort it out, but no. Currently running Ubuntu live cd to make use of laptop in dining room, will otherwise be sitting in cold office. Keep away fro 10 for time being!
              Finally got all my hard drives working again. To disable power up in standby, you need to boot into a Linux live cd, I used Ubuntu, go to terminal then sudo hdparm -iI /dev/sd? first command will show all the hard drive options with warnings. Then sudo hdparm -so /dev/sd? this will show that you have disabled PUIS. Hard drives back to life. Until Microsoft mess up again!

Comment

Working...
              X