GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Windows 8 Is Entirely Unusable - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 8 Is Entirely Unusable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Windows 8 Is Entirely Unusable

Now running windows 10 on this laptop. The problem with charms bar has gone, removed! The starting screen is now a combination of Windows 7 and Windows 8. Upgrade worked a treat. Really cannot fault it, no problems at all. This could be a winner for Microsoft.

Comment

Got a copy disk spare
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Plus they are dishing it out on all platforms including Xbox one. It's gonna be a massive universal os with cross platform apps.

It's only technical preview release atm but I got 32 and 64bit download links if you want them
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

But how'd you get it - it's not officially out till next year!
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

got splinters in my fingers scratching me head as cannot find it either! ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhh??
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

All my music is loaded to x box live app. I don't have an x box, yet everything is there and plays. Download from Microsoft as technical preview. 3.78 gig download. Burn it as an iso file, then install, simple.

Comment

Join Windows Insiders Programme. Links you to download.

Comment

Downloading now so I can try in a VM sometime.

Comment

The combination of Windows 7 and Linux Mint does everything I need it to do, so I'll stay on the sidelines and watch for a bit. I'll be very interested in the experience of the early adopters, though.

Windows Hate really did scare the excrement out of me.

SH

Comment

I gotta admit I also find win7 pretty awesome and tbh if it means burning ISO etc I'll hold fire. In time ebay will have Dell master install disks for sale. Large Org's that update get a cd per machine so big firms have thousands. They go for around a tenner And it's the official dell windows install disk

Comment

I'm only going to try in a virtual machine. I've only just scraped Windows 8 off a PC, so not putting anything MS back on for real now.

Comment

Windows 10 technical preview has now trashed 3 new 500 gig hard drives. Can see them in Ubuntu, know that they are there but they will not spin up. Problem with latest build if you are using an old computer. Bios on new models will work. Mine won't. Tried hdparm to sort it out, but no. Currently running Ubuntu live cd to make use of laptop in dining room, will otherwise be sitting in cold office. Keep away fro 10 for time being!

Comment

Ouch. Wasn't planning to try it on a real box, and that certainly takes away any faint tempation I might have had to try it on something spare.

Comment

My Windows 8 updated to Windows 8.1 while I was asleep last night without my permission and I'm finding it even more user-friendly to those of us non-geeks.

Comment

Turn off automatic updates

Comment

Working...
                                X