GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Windows 8 Is Entirely Unusable - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 8 Is Entirely Unusable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Windows 8 Is Entirely Unusable

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
    I can get through the Metro screen, but I just hate it.
    As part of the research I carried out on my journey through Windows Hate hell I did find several programs which were able to replace the vandalised start menu. Classic shell is one, StartW8 is another.

That is not the most important issue by a long way. The “system” is designed so that it puts silly menus on the screen every time you move the cursor in from an edge. That would be annoying enough in itself, but it doesn't even work. In over a month of testing the vile thing, I never once managed to get a menu to appear deliberately. Instead, they just flash up on the screen whenever you try to move the cursor to do something useful on the PC you've just paid good money for.

The hardware I had was probably defective. That goes without saying, but nothing excuses Microbug's bloody mindedness, lecherous greed and total contempt for the consumer in the way the “operating system” has been designed. Software is supposed to be customisable so that people can use the features they want. Microbug have deliberately and maliciously engineered it so you cannot disable these so called “hot corners”. Would any Linux developer ever behave like that?

Both Classic Shell and Skip Metro Suite have menu options which are designed to disable these features and give people their PC back. They don't work. Microbug has somehow managed to thwart their functionality just to inflict their own misguided view of the future on the unsuspecting consumer.

The lack of a Start Menu means you have no direct access to any software which you may deem useful, instead you have a screen which looks like something from a £20 cell phone linking to irrelevances and Microbug spam. I assume they are in league with parasites such as Xbox who have managed to corrupt the system to such an extent that the spam site is now the default player for your audio files! That is easy enough to fix, but why the hell should anyone have to?

The most extreme malice of all can be found in the fact that Windows Hate PCs cannot even be “downgraded” to 7 or replaced with a usable operating system due to Microbug's malicious tinkering with the BIOS. If you bought a pair of shoes from Tesco, and had to return them because they didn't fit, would they chop your feet off at the ankles to stop you buying some from anywhere else? Microbug would.

Here is a useful link -

How to bring back the Start menu and button to Windows 8 | ExtremeTech

There are some vitally important comments at the start before it degenerates into the usual meaningless arguments. The bottom line is that you need to be VERY careful when buying new computer hardware.

I have to stress that I am not a Microbug hater, or someone with a grudge. I have used their operating systems for well over 95% of my computing life, and been satisfied with them. Having experienced the extreme vileness and sickening immorality of Hate, I hope it puts them in the bankruptcy court. If there was any justice in the world, it would put them in the criminal court as well.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
      The most extreme malice of all can be found in the fact that Windows Hate PCs cannot even be “downgraded” to 7 or replaced with a usable operating system due to Microbug's malicious tinkering with the BIOS.
      Can you not install, say, Windows 7 as a dual-boot? My main concern with Windows 8 would be lack of drivers for some hardware I have.

What happens if you reformat your HD and do a clean Win7/Vista install?

Comment

Not having used win 8, i am sure you can install dual boot or reformat and install win 7, ive never known any win version which wouldnt allow it.

I was lucky when i bought my new work pc, it was literally a week before win 8 release lol luckly i had win 7 ultimate on my laptop so was already used to it, however it did take some getting used to for work related software.

I am actually shocked at how ive left XP completely, i remember thinking when Vista was around, ill never leave XP, but i was slightly more impressed with Win 7
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Windows 8 is great! Once you get used to it. Example, last week I was asked to go out in new company car, now I am used to driving my 17 year old, dead reliable car.
          First problem, put the key in door to unlock it, holy hell let loose, car shrieking like a banshee. Work mate shows me that you have to press a button to unlock it, why? I then get into motor, key in the ignition turn it, nothing! dead! won't start. Back into office, apparently have to press the clutch pedal before it will start, confusing. Put it into reverse and an alarm starts beeping, another fault with the car! Then realised that the lights were on, I certainly didn't do it, stopped and put handbrake on, lights turned off, got it, some idiot at the factory has obviously wired lights to handbrake by mistake! I can see a problem with flat battery. So many faults already with a brand new car!
          Six gears! Why 6, when I started driving we only had 3, going over the top now.
          Stopped down the road to try and get radio to work on Radio 4, no chance, need a university degree to use this radio. Then I realised another fault with motor, they had forgotten to put the window winders on, brand new car and there is no way to open the windows! Crap! To cap it all, started to snow, wipers turned themselves on, screen now smeared so badly that I could hardly see through it, bloody dangerous if you ask me. By now an orange light had come on the dash, it then turned red. Do I stop? No load of crap this car, let it blow up! Wheels started to slip in the snow, yet another warning light on the dash, showing skiddy thing, does this mean the wheels are falling off already?
          Why do manufacturers let cars out of the factory without checking that they work? This car is virtually undriveable, why can't they make proper cars like in the old days. I for one would not buy one like it!

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
            Windows 8 is great! Once you get used to it. Example, last week I was asked to go out in new company car, now I am used to driving my 17 year old, dead reliable car.
            First problem, put the key in door to unlock it, holy hell let loose, car shrieking like a banshee. Work mate shows me that you have to press a button to unlock it, why? I then get into motor, key in the ignition turn it, nothing! dead! won't start. Back into office, apparently have to press the clutch pedal before it will start, confusing. Put it into reverse and an alarm starts beeping, another fault with the car! Then realised that the lights were on, I certainly didn't do it, stopped and put handbrake on, lights turned off, got it, some idiot at the factory has obviously wired lights to handbrake by mistake! I can see a problem with flat battery. So many faults already with a brand new car!
            Six gears! Why 6, when I started driving we only had 3, going over the top now.
            Stopped down the road to try and get radio to work on Radio 4, no chance, need a university degree to use this radio. Then I realised another fault with motor, they had forgotten to put the window winders on, brand new car and there is no way to open the windows! Crap! To cap it all, started to snow, wipers turned themselves on, screen now smeared so badly that I could hardly see through it, bloody dangerous if you ask me. By now an orange light had come on the dash, it then turned red. Do I stop? No load of crap this car, let it blow up! Wheels started to slip in the snow, yet another warning light on the dash, showing skiddy thing, does this mean the wheels are falling off already?
            Why do manufacturers let cars out of the factory without checking that they work? This car is virtually undriveable, why can't they make proper cars like in the old days. I for one would not buy one like it!
            And that has to do with Windows 8 how?
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Using Windows 8 is just like learning to drive a new car. You hate it, until you get used to it. Then you realise what a great improvement has been made.

Comment

Or you realise it's one of these.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rigirjeg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	1392698

Comment

The only thing that is really annoying me at the moment is the start screen. I will have a look at SH's suggestions.

Comment

I have a new laptop wit windows 8 and i hate it , it sweeps across the screen when your in the middle of something and it makes me very angry lol.

My son said there is supposed to be a program coming out soon to stop all this crap happening , but i want it off my laptop i really cannot use it .

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                      My son said there is supposed to be a program coming out soon to stop all this crap happening , but i want it off my laptop i really cannot use it .
                      He probably means this: BBC News - Windows 8 update public preview to be released in June

Where it is rumoured MS will allow you to go back to a very Windows 7 like interface by default.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
                        He probably means this: BBC News - Windows 8 update public preview to be released in June

Where it is rumoured MS will allow you to go back to a very Windows 7 like interface by default.
                        thank you , it needs something its doing my head in , i really really hate it

and my skype doesn't work now on 8, i emailed skype and they sent a reply saying it is something to do with windows 8, i had to download skype and register that way , skype no longer works on my facebook

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
                          The only thing that is really annoying me at the moment is the start screen. I will have a look at SH's suggestions.
                          This will get your start button back:

Welcome to Classic Shell

But as has already been said, it looks like MS are going to back-pedal on the forced use of the Metro interface on desktops.

Comment

Looking forward to Windows Blue. 8.1.
                            Love 8 running on laptop & 2 main computers. Would not go back to 7 or XP.

Comment

BBC News - Microsoft sees Start button back on Windows 8

Half arsed effort from Microsoft again if that can be believed.

Comment

Hmm half arsed and then some...

Comment

Working...
                                X