GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sad Day - Rpoints - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sad Day - Rpoints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad Day - Rpoints

This is not an offfical thing
    something I've picked up today,

Rpoints have gone into administration

I think this will affect all white label sites in the group
    A copy of a message posted on Rpoints forum
    that was posted on CashBack Kings forum

[size=5]richard@Rpoints
    Immortal

Posted: 11 Nov 2010 12:46 Post subject: Announcement re: Rpoints Limited

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, folks, here is an announcement I had hoped I would never had to make, but you need to be aware of the following:

Rpoints Limited (which operates this site) is in financial difficulty. Options to rescue the company as a going concern have been explored but today it has become clear to me that this is not going to be possible and I have now suspended the redemption facility. The company is the subject of a winding-up order, and it is unlikely that members will receive payment in full for any transactions generated up to midday today. I am unable to make any further payments from the company's accounts.

As to "Why?" I will post more on that in due course. In summary, the problems (in my opinion) stem from mis-management of the business prior to 7 July this year (the date at which I 'ousted' the previous director of the company). Though I believe I have succeeded in improving the underlying performance of the company since that date, the problems built up previously are too great.

What happens now?

I expect that the company will enter into liquidation in the near future and members who are awaiting cashback will be treated as creditors along with other company creditors. I'm afraid I can't say much more about that at this stage - creditors will receive official communication in due course - , but I would expect that the company's websites (including this one) will be sold to another company as part of that process; so the operation of the website (for transactions from today onwards) will not necesasrily change - see below.
    It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Sad Day - Rpoints

Rpoints has opened again under new management, I don't know much about them really except that previous members are automatically made 'gold members' giving them extra privileges if they log in before July 1st

Comment

Re: Sad Day - Rpoints

I've had a reply from them and they answered very quickly which is very promising for customer service and minimum payout level by BAC's is only £1.00 so I suppose it's worth giving them a chance

Comment

Working...
      X