GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script families face water bill debt as energy bills soar - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

families face water bill debt as energy bills soar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• families face water bill debt as energy bills soar

Hundreds of thousands of households are falling into arrears on their water bills, Money Mail can reveal. Debt advisers nationwide warn of an alarming rise in the number unable to find the cash for their most vital service - providing water and taking away sewerage - because of the soaring cost of energy bills.Record numbers of households are now applying for a Government scheme that caps water bills for families in financial difficulty. The latest figures show 61,232 households accepted on to Watersure tariffs - up by 38 per cent from 44,279 last year.

Huge rises in gas and electricity bills are in part to blame for families falling into arrears on their water bills - on average, £379 for homes on rates, £325 for metered households...Read more here: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/b...ills-soar.html

Other Source:
    WaterSure (vulnerable groups scheme): LNKY
    Your water company: LINKY
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.
Working...
X