GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Vehicle Control Services - £60 Fine - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vehicle Control Services - £60 Fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle Control Services - £60 Fine

VCS have sent me a PCN for £60 for parking on a private car park over the allotted time. I did, I agree. I was having a pint and some lunch.

This firm doesnt use BPA (POPLA) so the kangaroo court of IPC (IAS) is at play on this one....

I really don't need this nonsense right now.

Oh, by the way - I wasn't driving. My wife was.....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Re: Vehicle Control Services - £60 Fine

I'm fighting one with Parking Eye at the moment on behalf of my Dad.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Here's the issue for them (with mine) - I may be the keeper but I don't drive the car. Not even insured on it - ooopsie
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
        I'm fighting one with Parking Eye at the moment on behalf of my Dad.
        Have you asked M1 for help? He's awesome at helping to sort these...?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Here's the issue for them (with mine) - I may be the keeper but I don't drive the car. Not even insured on it - ooopsie
          Don't you have to tell them who was driving? My Dad wasn't driving the car at the time, his wife was.

Have you asked M1 for help? He's awesome at helping to sort these...?
          I haven't. It was just before I went on holiday so I decided to get on with it myself.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No - why would I grass someone up? I'll ignore them.....

As you've been ill of late, it could get stressful, I'd PM m1 and get his advice - he'll ask you to post on a thread but maybe to alert him and ask for some advice. He's sh*t hot.

Comment

I think things have changed recently with Parking Eye and they won a court case.

They lost the original letter I sent to them (or the post did - my Dad wanted things doing the old-fashioned way) It was 14 days yesterday since I contacted them online so my Dad should be hearing something any day now.

Comment

I've asked M1 for help for both of us.

Comment

I recall having a discussion with a former member on here a while back. It may well have changed since, but although they could ask for the driver details, you were under no obligation to provide them given its a civil matter and not a legal one. ........ As I say, may well have changed.

Comment

I think things have changed recently with Parking Eye and they won a court case.

They lost the original letter I sent to them (or the post did - my Dad wanted things doing the old-fashioned way) It was 14 days yesterday since I contacted them online so my Dad should be hearing something any day now.

Hopefully you didn't identify the driver. A popla appeal isn't difficult once you get past the feeling you want to explain how you broke down, on stopped for a second, the kid was ill blah blah blah. Their notices to keeper are pretty good but their signage doesn't meet with the BPA code, particularly the ANPR requirements.

It's also easier when you have pics etc.

M1

Comment

They might have won in Beavis but continue to lose quite a few. Evidence is key. Pictures, emails about advertising consent, etc etc

M1

Comment

VCS have sent me a PCN for £60 for parking on a private car park over the allotted time. I did, I agree. I was having a pint and some lunch.

This firm doesnt use BPA (POPLA) so the kangaroo court of IPC (IAS) is at play on this one....

I really don't need this nonsense right now.

Oh, by the way - I wasn't driving. My wife was.....
                        Yup, IAS is shite but you can win if you're lucky. Evidence is key. The IAS members are getting spanked in court when they try, as much down to Gladstones being shite solicitors as the case being bad.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                          Hopefully you didn't identify the driver. A popla appeal isn't difficult once you get past the feeling you want to explain how you broke down, on stopped for a second, the kid was ill blah blah blah. Their notices to keeper are pretty good but their signage doesn't meet with the BPA code, particularly the ANPR requirements.

It's also easier when you have pics etc.

M1
                          Ooops, I did identify the driver (my Dad's wife) How much of a difference will that make?

Comment

Ooops, I did identify the driver (my Dad's wife) How much of a difference will that make?

It's not ideal although PE are the most compliant when it comes to notices to keepers. Keeper liability is statutory so is easier to pick holes in. That said, if they know the drivers details, including address, and they keep at the keeper that's an issue for them too.

They can still be beaten without keeper liability.

M1

Comment

I'm fighting one for my father in law. Although it's 4 months from SB so I'm not worried

Comment

Working...
                              X