GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Vehicle Tax/VED Proof - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vehicle Tax/VED Proof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle Tax/VED Proof

Am sure many will be wondering the same so ill ask here to see if we can shed any light on this question.

I took delivery of another car on friday and as the taxation class changed to disabled had to do it at post office as you cannot change taxation class online anyway this was a simple process and did not need to produce insurance or mot and all went well.

Now as it takes a few days for ANPR database to update (still showing as untaxed on online database) will the post office receipt suffice as proof that it is taxed until such times they get there arse in gear?

I have check this on the post office new rules webpage but no answer

Re: Vehicle Tax Proof

I may tweet this page to Hampshire Police if that is OK with Niddy

Comment

Re: Vehicle Tax/VED Proof

The post office receipt should be sufficient. You have fulfilled your legal requirements and the changes will be from the date that you went to the PO.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Agree with Cym.

You have receipt to show that the vehicle has been taxed at the PO. That should be fine for the purposes of proving it has been taxed.

I same would have been acceptable if taxing previously at the last minute (like me!!) but of course you would have also had the disc then.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks ill keep the receipt in the glovebox and also insurance certificate as MID is also not yet updated just in case

Comment

One of our neighbours was telling me that he got stopped by police as it flagged up no details (not sure if it was tax, mot or insurance) even though he was fully legal and showed them paper copies that he keeps in the car. They blamed it on the system not been updated so probably best to keep a copy handy just in case.

That's another gripe I have regarding the new tax rules where you can no longer transfer the tax. You buy a car during mid/end of month and have to pay tax from beginning of that month - you sell a car at beginning of the month but can only get a refund on each complete full month so you lose a month!

Comment

Yes I took delivery from dealer on 23rd but VED started from 01/01/15, anyway checked this morning and is now showing as taxed and mot'd on DVLA and also showing as Insured on AskMid.

Comment

Working...
              X