GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED~ NEW Weight Loss Inspiration Thread~ - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED~ NEW Weight Loss Inspiration Thread~

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ~ NEW Weight Loss Inspiration Thread~

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    With the birthday meal yesterday and a huge barbecue...complete with strawberries and cream...I dread to think what my weight will be at the next weigh-in
    But just think how pleased you will be if it hasn't varied as much as you dread - almost "carte blanche" to eat and drink more! (And I know this is really not in the spirit of this thread )
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

1 lb loss this week

Comment

What's all this talk of doughnuts, walnut whips and red wine? Some diet inspiration!!

I've been very virtuous. I went back to the school today to take the memory stick with the children's reports and there were Cadbury's honeycomb chocolate fingers and cake in the staff room. I resisted temptation, even though one of the teachers shoved the box of Fingers right under my nose saying "Go on. You know you want one!"
        I'm good at resisting temptation because of my restricted diet, i can sit in company and eat nothing while they are eating chinese take away and it doesn't bother me, i had to get this in my mind because if ate the foods i am intolerant to i would be ill, especaialy any puddings with fresh cream or fresh cream cakes i would be up all night with my head over the toilet .

If you can resist the temptation then you feel proud of yourself and just think of all the high fat and calories others are eating and see your future self lovely and slim

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
          1 lb loss this week
          Well done

I'll update the first post.

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post

If you can resist the temptation then you feel proud of yourself and just think of all the high fat and calories others are eating and see your future self lovely and slim
          I've reached my target weight but haven't been resisting temptation much over the last couple of weeks. Luckily I haven't put any weight back on.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Was it Oscar Wilde who said "I can resist anything but temptation"? (Know I could look this up, but am too lazy!)

Also think Kate Moss made a memorable quote (probably the only one she ever made!) saying "that nothing tastes as good as thin feels". Will try to remember that next time I am tempted to eat something naughty - probably in about half an hour's time ....

Comment

Hope things are going well over here.

Do you need any input

Always here to help you know.

Comment

Thank you for your very kind offer vint but we're doing fine

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post

Do you need any input

Thank you for your very kind offer vint but we're doing fine
                  "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post

Do you need any input

How much are you hoping to gain lose, Vint?

Had my weigh-in today. Haven't lost or gained a thing, which is a pain because I thought I was eating healthily. Well, I was .2 kg less than the week before but when that was converted into stones and pounds it didn't have any impact. Didn't affect my BMI, either.

Oh well, suppose it could have been worse .....

Comment

Only 1lb loss this week for me but I am ok with that

Comment

I understand your frustration at not having lost anything when you've been eating healthily Phee but, on the bright side you haven't gained anything.

Well done Beefy It's 1lb nearer to your goal.

Comment

I'm keeping quiet as I haven't lost any weight again. Maybe I'm putting more thought than action into this weight loss!

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                            I'm keeping quiet as I haven't lost any weight again. Maybe I'm putting more thought than action into this weight loss!

At least you haven't gained any Cym. I'm just waiting for Deepie to come onto this thread to report his weight gain

Comment

It's quite strange when you 'think' you have been good and then you either get on the scales or try some clothes on and you realise what the real world is!

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                                It's quite strange when you 'think' you have been good and then you either get on the scales or try some clothes on and you realise what the real world is!

Been there far too many times, Cym. But, as Pixie says, at least I haven't gained - although I did LOSE all of .2 kg, which is probably about two ounces in the old money.

Comment

Working...
                                X