GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Working From Home - Tax Rebate / deduction - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working From Home - Tax Rebate / deduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working From Home - Tax Rebate / deduction

Wonder if anyone has any info on the P89 form for tax rebates from working from home.

Lots of my colleagues applied for this, receiving , without any fuss at all, a back - dated rebate ( about 2 or 3 years worth) of between £2 -£3 per week- and the same amount deducted, ongoing. I believe this offset is deemed as reasonable expenses related to home-working ( electric, heating etc).

I , and one or two of my other colleagues, applied and received a letter back wanting all kinds of information, why did I work from home ( because it is a home based position) , was it my choice ( no- but it's great !! ), is there the option for me not to work at home ( no) , and so on.

My query is, has anyone successfully applied for this, either with, or without the additional info required -

And would anyone know why this rebate was issued straightforwardly to some, and not to others.

Thankyou !

Re: Working From Home - Tax Rebate / deduction

i'd hazard a guess it is due to the risk of whatever job you quoted... there are a lot of scammers, people saying they do ironing etc can be easy to fiddle......

Not an expert but i'd fill it in being as honest as you can, bottom line if you've nothing to hide then why worry, if you're due some tax back great! If not, quit and go on the dole and get it that way LOL
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I will fill it out - its only a couple of quid a week, its more the backdated sum Im interested in !

I assume some assessors are more vigourous than others, and I was just unlucky

As for the dole..nooo ! I love my job and the pay aint too shabby ! and no childminders, petrol, travel time to consider, I can just roll out my bed and I am in my work hehe !

Thankyou for your response.

Comment

I guess it's the same as being self-employed... some people get their forms checked out, but the vast majority don't. You are simply a statistic! (Actually, that's pretty lucky seeing as it's probably a pretty low percentage of victims...)

:mrgreen:
        Nuff says... "Don't take yourself too seriously!"

10 loans/credit cards - 3 confirmed UE, 3 recon/copy received, 3 not received a CCA reply, 1 might be enforceable

Comment

Originally posted by enoughisenough
          I guess it's the same as being self-employed... some people get their forms checked out, but the vast majority don't. You are simply a statistic! (Actually, that's pretty lucky seeing as it's probably a pretty low percentage of victims...)

:mrgreen:
          Yep, lol - being that lucky i'd go spend a fiver on lotto..... ;-) ;-) ;EEK ;LOL ;LOL ;LOL
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi, I do a lot of work from home, infact I earn quite a bit from at home work... if you want to ask me any questions I have a spread sheet i use for my Income tax. My accountant checks it.. however I have never owed

I have been SE for 7ish years.

Comment

I find this site UK PAYE Income Tax Calculator 'Listentotaxman' Very good, calculates All costs auto for you as well as back date to 2001 ([size=5]You Don't have to enter your E-mail address)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

ITV @ 19.30 Hrs tonight (23rd September) Tax-the inside story
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                X