GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script P800 Tax Calculation help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P800 Tax Calculation help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: P800 Tax Calculation help

...............I may have got that wrong of what she paid £968 tax from current employer.......

But the underpayment was originally £698

Where going by her letter she received not long ago she was told £519.80 is to be taken back from her current employer (as she been with them since Aug 2010), so almost £179 remaining to pay which they used Ju overpayment towards that amount.

Not sure how the previous employer comes into this? (if tax was still owed from April 2010 to the date she ended employment with them Aug 2010)?

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
      Ah hang on, might have found it

Earning from previous employment: April 2010-August 2010 £9,019.50
      Tax free allowance: £6470.00
      Total Taxable:£2549.50
      20% Tax Due: £509.90

She paid tax of £1106.00.

£9019.50 - 2697.92 (tax allowance over 5 months) = 6321.58 taxable. Tax @ 20% = 1264.32. 1264.32 less paid (1106) = underpaid by £158.32.

Now if that 179 includes underpaid national insurance contributions, then that may be it.
      Oh that looks like it could be that!! Cheers SXGuy, I didnt think of the NAT Ins as well!! Great!!! good one!! Cheers :-)

Comment

Its all really confusing Di to be honest, the only way to know where they got 179 from is to wait for the letter, and then we can see if the calculations are right.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
          Its all really confusing Di to be honest, the only way to know where they got 179 from is to wait for the letter, and then we can see if the calculations are right.
          Cheers SXGuy

I agree.

I do have wads of her SAR here, and think there's details of contributions, can always check them out when I have 5 mins....

The letter she receives should hopefully give details this time. (I'm not even sure if she is taking it further or not) but think she just wanted some clarification in case anything like this happens again, so she knows to deal with it if it does.

Thank you :-)

Comment

Ju used to get paid every 4 weeks in her previous job, and weekly ever since. But I doubt if that would make any difference to how tax/ins is worked out does it?

I had a look through her SAR info and there's details on tax and nat insurance, will see if i can find any details matching what you posted SXGuy, cheers :-)

Comment

Right found some info, although it may not be all that may be needed.

Some of this paperwork is quite difficult to work out lol.

But this is what I have come across.

Now the fact that Ju got paid monthly or every 4 weeks, it shows a record for period 4, so I take it this means 4 months/payment in as from April 2010 to August paydate, which makes 4 wages payments?
              If so this is what it says.......

Contributions/Credit information recorded for this period is 4.
              Your class 2/3 contribution and credit earnings factor was £380

Information Recorded for each tax year:
              Here is your NAT iNS contribution info for the tax year 2010-11.

Contribution/Credit info:
              Your tax district as notified by employer:
              The amount of total pay for this year: supplied by employer: £9019.50
              The amount of total tax is £1106.00
              Employment end 30/08/2010
              Current employment taxable pay: £9019.50.
              The amount of tax deducted by employer: £1106.00

Final Tax code: 647L

.................................................. .......................
              Contribution/Credit info:
              District number:
              Commenced employment: 30/08/2010
              Total pay supplied by employer: £11321.40
              The amount of tax for this year: £968.20
              Current taxable pay: £11321.40
              Tax deducted: £968.20

Final tax Code: 647L

P14 Col 1a Earnings up to and inc lower earnings limit (where earnings reach or exceed the LEL): £2910.00
              P14 Col 1b Earnings above the lower earnings limit up to and inc he earnings threshold: £390.00
              P14 Col 1c Earnings above the earnings threshold upto and inc upper accrual point.
              Total Contribution: £1909.05
              Primary paid earnings: £11321.00
              Primary Contribution: £882.32
              .................................................. .................................................. ................................

Comment

I dont think Ju heard anything yet (no letters yet) but as we know, it can take some time lol.

Comment

I shall try chasing Ju up to ask if she any updates, letters etc......

Comment

Working...
                  X