GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script I had some fantastic news! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had some fantastic news!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had some fantastic news!

Last September the company I work for announced that they were making redundancies, a few weeks later I was informed that I was going to be one of them.

I began the 90 days consultation and subsequently worked my 3 months notice. 2 days before I was due to leave I was called into a meeting with the head of HR and my manager, who informed me that my contract was to be extended until June 2nd due to workload.

Anyway, Friday afternoon I was called into another meeting, only this time with the Director of Operational Support and my direct line manager. I was informed that I was officially being taken off the "at risk" list and re-instated. I've also managed to sort out an office relocation closer to home, so I'll be working out of the London offices, which saves me a daily 160mile commute

I'm over the moon and had to share!

Re: I had some fantastic news!

And why not share it, it's great to hear some good news.

Well done.

Comment

It's such a relief as we have a little baby boy due in July, and I'll be supporting my OH while she's on maternity because her company don't offer an enhanced package. So being out of work was the worst thing that could happen to me right now

The move of offices to London is really exciting too!

Comment

Hi asm76, I'm so pleased to hear about your new job........love good news me.

Timing couldn't be more right eh!!

Best wishes
        If...x

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Perfect timing really!

Now I'm just going through a unsubscribing to all those useless job sites I signed up to lol

Cheers
          Andy

Comment

Lovely News!!

Comment

Well done mate - nice one

So can you take her entitlement to Paternity now, being the new laws....
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Great news!!

It's good to share.

Let us know about the baby when it arrives.
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well done great news!!

Comment

ah that's great, what a relief for you! x

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Well done mate - nice one

So can you take her entitlement to Paternity now, being the new laws....
                      lol, work will be my escape

Comment

Originally posted by asm76 View Post
                        lol, work will be my escape
                        Haha - I agree mate. Enjoy; fatherhood changes people - especially if you have a wee daughter..... Start saving
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

and I thought a baby boy was bad enough....

Comment

a wee baby...........
                            with a working Daddy..............
                            with a wee commute.............
                            excellent!!!

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
                              and I thought a baby boy was bad enough....
                              Mate, our 16 year old (girl) costs a bloody bomb! Thing is, wait till they hit you with the "I want a £100 per month allowance" - I'm like, when did you last do anything to hear the reply "I emptied dishwasher"!!

Bloody expensive dishwasher emptying service I can tell you that!!

Comment

Working...
                              X